OrangeVocoder3 is the successor of the highly acclaimed Prosoniq OrangeVocoder plug in first released in 1998. Being an unprecedented success, this plug in can since be heard in uncountable Top10 productions around the world, inspiring top producers in their sound design and composition work. Today it is still unrivalled for its unique sound and flexibility.
OrangeVocoder3 now adds to this tremendous versatility a wealth of new features including advanced MIDI control for the built-in synth, support for loading sound files, virtually unlimited polyphony, mono-mode with glide for classic R'n'B talkbox imitations, freely assignable filter bands, and a realtime 24band analyzer control.
What's more, OrangeVocoder3 offers 5 different basic sound modes for all types of style, and some very advanced filterbank effects, including a formant freeze function, a filterbank sample & hold option and a voiced/unvoiced detector.
The novel fully automatable "phoneme dial" lets you string together sentences without external speech signals, making this plug in a powerful vocal synthesizer. The phonemes can even be played on any MIDI keyboard, giving you realtime control over all aspects of the synthesis. Phonemes are vocal utterances that provide the basic building blocks of speech - they encompass vowels, consonants, semivowels and diphtongs.
OrangeVocoder3 will be released in May 2004. An upgrade for owners of the previous version 2 will be available.Key features:
- 24band virtual analog vocoder simulation
- bands assignable, assignment can be rotated and shifted with a single mouse click
- voiced/unvoiced detector
- formant freeze
- filterbank reverb
- filterbank release and quantize (sample & hold)
- selectably sound mode for a variety of styles
- freeform EQ with realtime 24band analyzer
- revolutionary "phoneme dial" for selecting and morphing between predefined utterances
- phonemes can be directly played from a MIDI keyboard for realtime speech/singing synthesis
- on-board synthesizer (2 osc/voice, LFO, pitch/amplitude follower, osc sync/ring mod, SOLO mode with glide, 24db LP filter with resonance and distortion)
- on-screen keyboard for playing without requiring MIDI input, as well as full realtime MIDI control including pitch wheel, modulation and sustain