What You Want (creamy)
Similar to the black version, but there have been added more low-character tones in the stage of distortion. Some guitar player want to have a more smooth high gain distortion pedal with a softer sound, that is how it was released – the creamy edition. Best for modern metal, for those who love a powerful low creamy tone.
This is a high gain distortion pedal. Powerful and natural like a tube amp. Very touch-sensitive and dynamic pedal without dust for top on high-gain levels. Designed for metal, fast riffs and chords. Unique circuit design based on emulation of tube amplifiers.
You can use the pedal in any channel of an amplifier: in clean or overloaded. What You Want distortion pedal has a fairly good stock of own gain, so do not worry about the drive.
What You Want is natural and dynamic as a tube amplifier. This pedal is designed with the use of field-effect transistors; it gives structure of the tube distortion.
Using What You Want, you can play chords at the high gain and your notes will be quite readable for one’s hearing it is a very readability pedal.
Each stage operates as a small crusher, it provides a very soft and delicate, touch-sensitive sound with good attack. You do not have to "hack strings" with great effort, that would make the guitar sound more vicious. Little touches will give a lot of aggression. Your amplifier will reproduce every rustle and flaw when you play. What You Want is a very delicate and precise tool.
This pedal has an unusual approach to adjusting the output level, because boost is applied instead of the common voltage divider. You will be able to experience it if you are using a tube amp. Load the booster pedal as much as you need without the loss of any frequency.
This distortion pedal works fine even with transistor amplifiers, which makes it even more versatile. What You Want can cause the devil out of your old small amp. Without loss of readability, dynamics and aggression, and no jumble sound. Yes, it’s true, only an amp and a standard Stratocaster.
- G: Gain is the level of signal distortion.
- L: Low frequencies (boost or cut).
- M: Middle frequencies (boost or cut). Right up to the stop position - mid scoop, center - mid balance, right - crunch.
- H: High frequencies (boost or cut).
- L: Output level. Its knob works as a boost output to preserve tonal characteristics of distortion.
- Dimensions (with knobs): 5.5 x 11.8 x 9.4 cm
- Weight (packaged): 420 g
- Power supply: 9V
- Current consumption: Less than 3-6 mA (Standard battery power of capacity 625 mAh will give to 200 hours of continuous operation.)
- Power supply connection: Yes. Standard negative polarity, with the 2.1 mm "barrel plug" and negative center pin (standard for most pedals like Boss). Use only the regulated 9 V DC adapter.
- Features: Gain, Bass, Mid, High, Level.
- Bypass: Mechanical true buffered bypass, 3PDT (or for custom orders - mechanical true bypass).
- Enclosure: Metal, powder coated.
- Input buffer: Yes.
- Battery power: Yes.
- Input impedance: ~1M ohm
- Output Impedance: ~50k ohm