What You Want (black) – aggressive, clear and natural.
This is an ultra-high gain distortion pedal. Powerful and natural like a tube amp. Very touch-sensitive and dynamic pedal without dust for top on high-gain levels. Designed for metal, fast riffs and chords. Unique circuit design based on emulation of tube amplifiers.
You can use the pedal in any channel of an amplifier: in clean or overloaded. What You Want distortion pedal has a fairly good stock of own gain, so do not worry about the drive.
What You Want is natural and dynamic as a tube amplifier. This pedal is designed with the use of field-effect transistors; it gives structure of the tube distortion.
Most people like melodic, heavy-metal bands. Guitar players can play fast or slowly, in a normal guitar tune structure or a dropped one, but the absolute favourite of modern metal, in our opinion, is the chords and different harmonies. It has become the second most important condition – readability. Using What You Want, you can play chords at the high gain and your notes will be quite readable for one’s hearing.
All versions have slight grains in the nature of distortion, because they contain several stages of limitations. Each stage operates as a small crusher, it provides a very soft and delicate, touch-sensitive sound with good attack. You do not have to "hack strings" with great effort, that would make the guitar sound more vicious. Little touches will give a lot of aggression. Your amplifier will reproduce every rustle and flaw when you play. What You Want is a very delicate and precise tool, especially in the black box.
This pedal has an unusual approach to adjusting the output level, because boost is applied instead of the common voltage divider. You will be able to experience it if you are using a tube amp. Load the booster pedal as much as you need without the loss of any frequency.
This distortion pedal works fine even with transistor amplifiers, which makes it even more versatile. What You Want can cause the devil out of your old small amp. Without loss of readability, dynamics and aggression, and no jumble sound. Yes, it’s true, only an amp and a standard Stratocaster.
- G: Gain is the level of signal distortion.
- L: Low frequencies (boost or cut).
- M: Middle frequencies (boost or cut). Right up to the stop position - mid scoop, center - mid balance, right - crunch.
- H: High frequencies (boost or cut).
- L: Output level. Its knob works as a boost output to preserve tonal characteristics of distortion.
- Dimensions (with knobs): 5.5 x 11.8 x 9.4 cm
- Weight (packaged): 420 g
- Power supply: 9V
- Current consumption: Less than 3-6 mA (Standard battery power of capacity 625 mAh will give to 200 hours of continuous operation.)
- Power supply connection: Yes. Standard negative polarity, with the 2.1 mm "barrel plug" and negative center pin (standard for most pedals like Boss). Use only the regulated 9 V DC adapter.
- Features: Gain, Bass, Mid, High, Level.
- Bypass: Mechanical true buffered bypass, 3PDT (or for custom orders - mechanical true bypass).
- Enclosure: Metal, powder coated.
- Input buffer: Yes.
- Battery power: Yes.
- Input impedance: ~1M ohm
- Output Impedance: ~50k ohm
- (2013-11-06) PiodFX "What You Want" distortion pedal review - Gibson SG by Dmitry Andrianov
- (2013-11-06) PiodFX "What You Want" distortion pedal review - Fender Tele by Dmitry Andrianov
- (2013-11-12) Vibrato, Bending and Red Box 5 + PiodFX "What You Want" by Dmitry Andrianov
- (2014-05-19) Piod Effects : WHAT YOU WANT² High Gain Distortion - Amp Demo by Burgerman666
- (2014-05-19) Piod Effects : WHAT YOU WANT² High Gain Distortion - SIM OUT Demo by Burgerman666