Infinity Echo Delay (with Tap Tempo)
Although it is not the best delay in world of the delay pedals, still it a very nice warm analog-voiced delay (approximately 580-600 msec) with digital memory and an all-analog dry path. The pedal has a unique active filter for filtering noises for long delay time. Easy Tap tempo control is included. Very good pedal for most cases.
Infinity Echo Delay is based on a common sound chip delay. We have done a lot of work that would make this delay as good as we like. Echo delay has delay range time of 75-580 msec, which is sufficient for many applications. Infinity Echo Delay pedal is free from some shortcomings, which many devices built on the pt2399 chip can have. First of all, after a few years we have learned how to select the best examples of this chip and have created a completely unique scheme of the new device.
Many musicians know that most guitar lo-fi delay pedals using pt2399 have some level of noise on the long delays. We have created a unique active filter, which can reduce this noise by almost 60%, which allows you to have clean repeats, but not ideal ones, as they sound exactly like a warm analog delay without the mud.
Most delay pedals often have a preset tone of repeats. Some people may say that they want darker or brighter repeats, so we made it available for adjustment. This adjustment does not make a change in the overall sound, it acts only on repeats. It does not work like a standard tone-signal at the output. As it turned out, it really is a very actual and frequently used adjustment. Repeats are important to sound good and to play without any breakdown. We have filled repeats with energy, so that they do not fade rapidly and do not fall like a stone into the water. Soft fading creates an amazing sound and will make playing more convenient. Infinity Echo Delay can be used before or after the distortion effects; it perfectly copes with processing a clean or distorted signal.
Also, we have equipped the delay with the Tap Me Pot tap tempo module to control time by Taps. This is a very simple module with easy control. Set the tempo by double pressing to set the required delay time (within the capabilities of the device). You can turn the Time knob at any moment to switch the device to manual control. If you press and hold the button for 2 seconds, it will reset the delay time to minimum value. LED will notify about error and ask you to set the beat again, if that happened. It is easy to use.
- T: Time – delay time.
- M: Mix knob is a completely transparent mixer, it would blend clean and the delayed signal. This knob does not contribute to boost of the delayed signal; everything has a delicate balanced in terms of output volume.
- E: Echo – adjust the number of repeats, from one to an infinite with transition to oscillation.
- S: Shade knob allows you to adjust the color tone character of repeats from soft with no high frequencies to receive dark echo to completely clear and natural.
- Infinity Switch: Allows you to get an echo effect with minimum repeats. It is also helpful, if you want to enter a delay in the oscillation mode and use it as a generator machine or get a wall of almost endless echo repeats.
- Dimensions (with knobs): 5.5 x 11.8 x 9.4 cm
- Weight (packaged): 420 g
- Power supply: 9V
- Current consumption: 38 mA (Standard battery power of capacity 625 mAh will give to 15 hours of continuous operation.)
- Power supply connection: Yes. Standard negative polarity, with the 2.1 mm "barrel plug" and negative center pin (standard for most pedals like Boss). Use only the regulated 9 V DC adapter.
- Features: Time, Mix, Echo, Shade, Infinity Switch, Tap tempo.
- Bypass: Mechanical true bypass, 3PDT.
- Enclosure: Metal, powder coated.
- Input buffer: No.
- Battery power: Yes.
- Input impedance: ~1M ohm
- Output Impedance: ~10k ohm
- Delay time: ~75-580 msec