Tremvelope is a tremolo pedal that allows the dynamics of your playing to change the speed and depth of the effect. The result is an intuitive, all analog sound that takes a classic stompbox concept to a whole new level.
Tremvelope is versatile. With the envelope switched off, you get a high fidelity optical tremolo with stereo panning outputs. Tremvelope’s fat sounding audio path is modulated by an LFO with SPEED, DEPTH and WAVEFORM controls.
When the ENVELOPE is switched on, the tremolo is influenced by what you play. The SPEED and DEPTH knobs can each be assigned to increase or decrease in response to the strength of the signal coming from your instrument. These changes in SPEED and DEPTH start from where the knobs are set and independently move in the direction assigned by the user.
The ACCELERATION switch adjusts the response time of the tremolo to changes in your playing and the SENSITIVITY knob provides control over the amount of increase it takes to create changes in the tremolo settings. Expression pedal inputs for speed, and vol/pan add external foot control to this animated beast of a pedal. There is also a TRIGGER input for running the Tremvelope late in an effects chain but still allowing your clean signal (or even a different instrument entirely) to control the envelope directly.
Tremvelope achieves a stimulating state of sonic flux by altering both speed and depth in sync with what you are playing. The resulting psycho-acoustic effects are sometimes reminiscent of the Leslie rotating speaker cabinet, whose signature sound is most pronounced when the rate of its speaker’s rotation is changing. The continual changes in rate and depth achieved by the Tremvelope are highly interactive with the musician. Since the Tremvelope is sensitive to what you play and you are sensitive to how your music sounds, there is an instantaneous feedback between the motion of the tremolo and your motions on the instrument.
Go forth and modulate!
- Sine and Sawtooth Wave Options
- Mono or Stereo with Panning Output
- Switchable Envelope Control for LFO
- Variable Envelope Sensitivity and Acceleration
- Speed and Depth increase or decrease independently
- Trigger input for clean signal direct to Envelope and Beat Sync
- Expression Pedal inputs for Speed and Vol / Pan
- Pigtronix 18VDC power supply included
- Works with Voodoo Labs PP2
- High Fidelity Analog Optical circuit
- Circuit Design by Howard Davis
- Sound Design by David Koltai
Pigtronix press release (March 14, 2011)
Pigtronix introduces the Tremvelope - Envelope Modulated Tremolo
Pigtronix Tremvelope puts a futuristic spin on the classic tremolo effect. The new Tremvelope combines studio quality stereo tremolo with envelope sensing to provide rotary effects that evolve and change, based on what you play.
Covering every sound from asymmetrical vintage tube tremolo to throbbing DUB step wobbles, Tremvelope hits all the traditional bases and then goes one step further. In the envelope-enhanced mode, speed and depth independently increase or decrease in response to the dynamics in your playing. An intuitive control layout allows for independent adjustment of directionality and reaction time. Dial in all new modulation effects where the speed and depth simultaneously change in opposite directions. Studio quality optical design allows the Tremvelope to respond musically with any instrument or line level signal.
The Tremvelope achieves uniquely hypnotic sound effects by using your playing to organically change the nature of its modulation. Advanced features such as sawtooth modulation, multiple expression pedal options, a sidechain trigger input and stereo-panning outputs ensure that this tricked out modulator is capable of enthralling even the most jaded trem head.
Already in use by cutting edge guitarist “Captain” Kirk Douglas of The Roots, the Tremvelope can be heard nightly on NBC’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon show.
- “Pigtronix has taken tremolo way farther than I ever imagined possible.” – "Captain" Kirk Douglas of The Roots
- (2011-01-05) Pigtronix Tremvelope by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2011-02-03) Pigtronix Tremvelope Part 2 by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2011-02-04) Vernon Reid meets the Pigtronix Tremvelope at Winter NAMM 2011 by Pigtronix
- (2011-04-06) Pigtronix Tremvelope by JetCityMusic
- (2011-04-14) Pigtronix Tremvelope by MusicToyz
- (2011-06-15) Carbox - Pigtronix Tremvelope Demo by Multiple Mono with Yamaha DX-11 by Pigtronix
- (2011-06-21) Pigtronix Tremvelope pedal demo, by Pete Thorn by Pete Thorn
- (2011-09-17) Pigtronix Tremvelope by Mike Hermans
- (2011-09-20) Tremvelope Part II by Mike Hermans
- (2011-12-27) Pigtronix Tremvelope Demo by Steve Booke - Envelope Controlled Analog Tremolo Pedal for Guitar by Pigtronix
- (2012-01-09) Pigtronix Tremvelope Demo by Effects Bay
- (2012-02-15) Dallas Lewis plays the Pigtronix Tremvelope with Les Paul Studio and Fender Deluxe Tube Amp by Pigtronix
- (2012-02-25) Pigtronix - Tremvelope by Kayzer
- (2012-07-19) Tremvelope - Organizer - Freakenstein by Remnufacture
- (2012-07-31) Pigtronix Tremvelope Official Studio Demo by Pigtronix
- (2012-08-14) Pigtronix Tremvelope by Remnufacture
- (2013-04-09) Pigtronix - Tremvelope - DEMO - THE SKINNY - Guitar Pedal Expo 2013 by SkinnyMusicTV
- (2013-07-24) Pigtronix Tremvelope | envelope modulated tremolo by JJ Likes Guitar
- (2014-08-16) Stompbox Saturday : August 16, 2014 : Pigtronix Tremvolope by SeanPierceJohnson
- (2015-03-03) Pigtronix Tremvelope by Rectal Hygienist
- (2011-10-13) Pigtronix Tremvelope - Gibson SG (neck pickup): Speed of reverse saw tremolo and depth controlled by dynamics directly by Premier Guitar
- (2011-10-13) Pigtronix Tremvelope - Gibson SG (neck pickup): Speed of sine tremolo controlled by dynamics (inversely) by Premier Guitar
- (2012-01-09) Pigtronix Tremvelope Demo by EffectsBay
- (2012-04-10) EMT-Lennart-RhodesPiano-Envelope=MoreSpeed by Pigtronix