The Pigtronix OFO Disnortion features a touch sensitive Overdrive, Fuzz with 6 different filters and frequency doubling, Octava. Each effect is an original design and can each be used independently or in combinations to forge a tremendous range of musically responsive distortion sounds.
The unique magic of the Pigtronix OFO parallel Fuzz and Overdrive, allowing you to pile on the gain without sacrificing clarity, dynamic response, punch or low end. Well voiced tone and shape controls allow you to focus each effect on its own frequency range.
The Octava is wired in series before the Overdrive and Fuzz, allowing the pedal to produce a unique type of gated, gnarly grind that is absolutely devastating.
In keeping with the Pigtronix tradition, our Disnortion pedal is Extremely Low Noise and all of the controls are tuned to provide the widest musical range from each circuit.
An additional buffered output provides a clean signal for parallel processing, direct recording or a side-chain trigger source for the Pigtronix EP-1.
Here is some info on each of the circuits in the Pigtronix OFO Disnortion:
Overdrive - We can assure you that there has never been an Overdrive quite like this. The Pigtronix Overdrive responds to the dynamics of your playing using a proprietary, 5-stage gain architecture that retains the natural tone of your instrument, while gradually breaking up as you play louder. Our circuit is so touch sensitive, it has been described as “...more tube than tube.” You must hear it to believe it! From Clean or Gritty Boost right up through Plexi roar, the Pigtronix Overdrive is the most musical Overdrive ever made.
Fuzz - Massive Gain, Full Bodied Sustain and Flexible Tone Shapes define our FUZZ effect. Pigtronix's unique version of diode-clipping provides plenty of compression and controllable feedback while preserving the dynamics of your playing style. The rotary tone control switch provides 6 musical EQ curves: Bass, Scoop, Treble, Smooth, F.A.T., and Full Range. The Pigtronix Fuzz can go from Clean Boost to Hair Raising, Shred Fisted, Freak Out Pandemonium!
Octava - This frequency doubler effect makes the notes you play sound one octave up. A Filter control allows you to achieve singing octave up tones without adjusting your guitar's tone control. Stable intervals such as 4ths and power chords result in knarly, tweezed out grind, while other intervals create ring-modulator textures in all registers. The Octava is wired in series with the other two effects for harmonic filled lead tones and outlandish bizarre crunch. Combine the Octava with both Fuzz + Overdrive and... fuggettaboutit!
- Three Independent Analog Disnortion Effects:
- OFO - Touch Sensitive Tube Sound Overdrive
- OFO - Searing Hot Fuzz with 6 different Filters
- OFO - Frequency Doubling Octava Up
- Overdrive and Fuzz wired in Parallel for HUGE gain without noise.
- Superior note articulation and string to string clarity and dynamics
- Works great with Guitar, Bass, Keyboards, Drums and Samples
- Super wide gain range goes from Clean Boost to Insanity
- Octava has a dedicated filter and works with chords
- Buffered Clean Output (Perfect for EP-1 trigger!)
- Individual Level Controls on each effect
- Pigtronix 15VDC Adaptor included
- Circuit design by Howard Davis
- (2012-03-16) 11- Pigtronix Disnortion by jazzigo
- (2013-11-14) "Means of the Cold Rage" with Disnortion Fuzz on rhythm guitars, fuzz+octavia on guitar and bass by Pigtronix
- (2013-11-14) "The Singles" with Disnortion fuzz on both rhythm and lead guitar by Pigtronix
- (2013-11-14) "Freedom" with Disnortion fuzz on all guitars, fuzz+octavia on lead guitar by Pigtronix