The Pigtronix Mothership 2 is a velocity-sensitive, pitch-tracking, three-voice analog synthesizer with oscillator hard sync and pitch modulation via portamento and CV / Expression control. Housed in a compact aluminum chassis, this state-of-the-art pedal goes lightyears beyond the original Mothership, delivering a user-friendly guitar synth with real-time pitch and amplitude tracking, switchable preset tunings and a devastating Sync effect that delivers new modulation effects for guitar, bass and anyone brave enough to plug in to the analog future of Pigtronix.
The dashboard of the Mothership 2 contains five, custom-made dual-concentric potentiometers and a pair of toggle switches. The top row of controls provides individual level knobs for VCO (triangle wave) and Square wave voices as well as the original Clean guitar sound and a gut-busting Sub-octave Sine wave voice that can be removed from the main mix bus and sent to its own dedicated bass amplifier when the SUB output jack is used.
The middle row of controls provides Master Volume, Glide, Fine Tune and an adjustable Dynamics function that allows the player to adjust the “feel” of the synth’s amplitude tracking.
The bottom row of controls contains the three-way tuning switch with Unison, Octave Up, and Interval (Maj 3rd, 4th, 5th) presets as well as a new Sync function that slaves the VCO’s triangle and square wave oscillators to the input signal, creating a pitch-locked, unison sound with complex harmonics and overtones that can be modulated.
The Sync effect found in the Mothership 2 can be dialed in to create a staggering array of unique sounds using the Sweep and Timbre controls as well the on-board Glide function to achieve modulation and pitch effects that sweep from one note to another with adjustable timing. An optional expression pedal / CV input can also be used to modulate the VCO in parallel with the on-board knobs and Glide function, creating “Sync Sweep” effects from another planet.
- Three analog oscillators: Triangle, Square, Sub-octave (sine)
- World's fastest pitch-tracking circuit
- Velocity-sensitive dynamics control
- Glide control for pitch-following portamento
- Hard Sync function w/ glide modulation
- TRS Expression / TS CV input (0-5V range)
- SUB output removes sub-octave from main output
- 18VDC operation (300mA power supply included)
- True bypass
- (2017-07-15) Pigtronix Mothership 2 Analog Guitar Synthesizer Demo by Teddy Kumpel - Summer NAMM Debut by Pigtronix
- (2017-10-18) Pigtronix Mothership 2 Analog Synthesizer Bass Demo by Paul Siegel by Pigtronix
- (2017-10-25) Pigtronix Mothership 2 by Mike Hermans
- (2017-10-25) Pigtronix Mothership 2 Analog Guitar Synthesizer Demo by Mike Hermans by Pigtronix
- (2017-11-07) Pigtronix Mothership 2 Analog Guitar Synth Performance by Teddy Kumpel by Pigtronix
- (2017-12-22) 12 Days of Pedals And Effects 2017, Day 9: Pigtronix Mothership 2 by PedalsAndEffects
- (2018-01-11) Pigtronix Mothership 2 Analog Synth Bass Demo by Michael Schuler by Pigtronix
- (2018-01-28) Pigtronix Ringmaster & Mothership 2 Pedals by GuitarCenterTV
- (2018-02-11) Pigtronix Mothership 2 Analog Synthesizer (Guitar) Effects Pedal Demo Video by Pedal of the Day
- (2018-02-11) Pigtronix Mothership 2 Analog Synthesizer (Bass) Effects Pedal Demo Video by Pedal of the Day
- (2018-02-12) Pigtronix Mothership 2 Analog Synthesizer (Guitar) Effects Pedal Demo Video by PedalOfTheDay
- (2018-02-12) Pigtronix Mothership 2 Analog Synthesizer (Bass) Effects Pedal Demo Video by PedalOfTheDay
- (2018-02-16) Pigtronix Mothership 2 Analog Guitar Synth demo by Saul Zonana by Pigtronix