Pigtronix Keymaster is a dual, true bypass FX loop pair that can be run in series or parallel. This intuitive, impedance matching device will route any signal into pedals and then back out to any where else. The Keymaster opens up new worlds of tone from the effects pedals you already own.
Taking a cue from battle DJ's, Keymaster lets musicians Crossfade between different effects (or entire pedal boards) with a standard expression pedal. The Keymaster also allows you to add an expression pedal controlled Blend function to your favorite delay pedal or any other effect. A player can turn effects off gradually this way for smooth transitions.
You can even make your own custom Disnortion by blending two crunch pedals together in parallel to achieve the ultimate thick wall of sound without the added noise of running multiple high gain pedals in series.
In the studio, Keymaster provides the ideal re-amp solution for engineers who wish to run a line level signal out of their console, into effects and then into an amplifier or back into the console; all from a single, easy to use interface sporting XLR as well as 1/4“ (balanced or un-ballanced) inputs and outputs.
Keymaster is also perfect for vocalists or horn players looking to manipulate effects on stage. Instantly blend a clean vocal into any effect by bypassing one of the channels. This is a perfect way to preserve a clearly discernable vocal while adding a layer of reverb, distortion or modulation effects to your mix.
Every once in a while a device comes along that simply and elegantly answers the unmet needs of musicians at every level. Whether you are a guitar slinging pedal fiend, a funky horn player or a professional studio engineer, the Keymaster will enable you to create new sounds with the gear you already have.
- XLR and ¼” (bal / un-bal) inputs & outputs
- Dual True Bypass instrument (pedal) level FX Loops
- Impedance Matching, all Analog Audio Path
- Series / Parallel operation
- Crossfade function in Parallel mode with Expression Pedal
- 10db input gain boost / 10db output gain boost
- Pigtronix 18VDC adapter included
- Circuit design by Howard Davis
- Chassis Size = 5.7" x 4.7" x 1.5"
Pigtronix press release (December 14, 2010)
Pigtronix introduces the Keymaster - Impedance Matching Effects DI
Pigtronix Keymaster is an impedance matching, effects mixing direct box that allows musicians to do more with the gear they already own. Without loss of tone, the Keymaster routes any sound source (XLR mic, line level or instruments) into effects via two, true-bypass loops and then optimizes the mixed effects signal for your instrument amplifier, mixing console or DAW.
The Keymaster’s unique and intuitive arrangement provides musicians of all types with an elegant solution for routing their sound through effects in a creative fashion and then out into any device without losing signal integrity. The two loops can be switched between series and parallel, with a CROSSFADE function for on-board or expression pedal controlled blending of different effects. Input and Output boost controls add up to 10db of gain both before and after the loops.
The Keymaster lets musicians easily blend their instrument’s natural tone with a floor processor or even cell phone and laptop computer based effects using a standard expression pedal. Vocalists and horn players can use the Keymaster to control their effects mix from the stage. Guitar players can now mix pedals like a DJ does two turntables.
Already in use by some of the world’s top producers and FOH mix engineer's, the Keymaster elegantly answers the unmet needs of musicians at every level, opening up endless realms of possibility for combining the effects you already own.
"I use the Keymaster to run the Piano mic through my Leslie Cabinet, drum mics into spring reverb and to get vocals into guitar amps. This pedal kills. You need it, I can't live without it.
Hector Castillo - Producer / Engineer for David Bowie, Bjork, Roger Waters, Brazilian Girls
“The Keymaster is an amazing machine!”
Sean Quackenbush – FOH engineer for Robert Randolph, Experience Hendrix Tour, Lettuce
Pigtronix Keymaster carries a list price of $299 and is available now at Pigtronix dealers everywhere.
- (2010-06-20) Summer NAMM '10: Pigtronix Keymaster walk-thru by What's That Dude Play?
- (2010-06-23) Pigtronix Keymaster Reamp Effects Mixer Summer NAMM 2010 by Theatre Intangible
- (2010-12-06) Pigtronix Keymaster Studio Uses by Producer / Engineer - Hector Castillo by Pigtronix
- (2011-05-18) Official Pigtronix Keymaster Studio Demo - Parallel Effects Mixer - Multiple Mono Dubwave by Pigtronix
- (2011-06-24) NY Amp Show '11 - Pigtronix Keymaster and Class A Boost Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2013-04-14) Adrian Belew Studio Effects Pedal Setup feat. Pigtronix Keymaster and Testamonial by Pigtronix
- (2014-11-22) Stompbox Saturday : November 22, 2014 : Pigtronix Keymaster Part 1 by SeanPierceJohnson
- (2014-11-29) Stompbox Saturday : November 29, 2014 : Pigtronix Keymaster Part 2 by SeanPierceJohnson