- Staccate Off/On (toggle)
- EF Sweep Up/Down (toggle)
- Blend Off/On (toggle)
- LFO Smooth Off/On (toggle)
- Invert +/- (toggle)
- Engage (footswitch)
The Pigtronix Envelope Phaser pours on the special sauce to take your tone into outer space. Accentuating and sweeping through the harmonics of any musical source, the motion of this revolutionary phase shifter can be controlled by Envelope, LFO or a blend of both. The EP2 pedal is a complete re-design of our Envelope Phaser concept, built on 6 years of customer feedback from the original. EP2 sports all new sounds and smart features, in a considerably smaller package.
EP2 makes it easy to dial in monster envelope tones for any instrument or playing style. The envelope in the EP2 kicks it up a notch with a "Staccato" function that is ideal for fast picking, funk bass and tight rhythm guitar. The Stacatto circuit is an "intelligent envelope" that listens to your playing and quickly discharges the envelope between your notes. This crafty circuit enables incredibly responsive envelope performance, even during rapid fire playing.
EP2's rotary modulation LFO provides adjustable depth and center controls for fine-tuning the frequency range of operation, from subtle swirls to screaming sweeps with a huge range of available speeds. Another crucial addition is the new “LFO smooth” switch, which automatically reduces the resonance setting when the LFO is in use. This performance friendly function finally lets you switch between corpulent, Mutron style quack and deep, swirling Uni-Vibe sounds with a single footswitch stomp... no knob tweaking necessary on stage!
In addition to its unique voice and interactive modulation section, EP2 incorporates new control options, including expression pedals for both SWEEP and SPEED as well as a continuous blend between envelope and LFO modulation sources.
EP2 retains crucial features from the EP-1 such as true bypass switching, + or - phase inversion and our signature “trigger” input for manipulating the envelope with an external audio source. EP2 runs on 18-Volts for maximum headroom.
Years of work went into the development of this unique and ridiculously funky device. If you are a musician seeking the ultimate analog phaser, this is your pedal!
- LFO Modulation with Speed, Depth and Center
- Blend combines LFO and Envelope signals
- Envelope travels Up or Down
- Side-chain Trigger for Beat Sync
- Intelligent Envelope Response
- Invert switch for + or - Phase
- Compact Aluminum Chassis
- True Bypass switching
- Assignable Resonance Kill Switch
- Pigtronix 18VDC power supply included
- Expression Pedal inputs for Sweep and Speed
- Circuit Design by Howard Davis
- Chassis Size = 5.7" x 4.7" x 1.5"
- (2010-01-21) NAMM 2010: Pigtronix's Aria, EP-2 Envelope Phaser and more! by What's That Dude Play?
- (2010-02-22) Pigtronix Envelope Phasers - EP1 vs. EP2 by TheGuacamoleXplosion
- (2010-03-20) Pigtronix EP1 and EP2 vs. Line 6 M9 Script Phaser and Option 5 Destination Rotation Single by TheGuacamoleXplosion
- (2010-07-08) Pigtronix EP2 Envelope Phaser by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2010-07-29) Stu Brooks with Pigtronix EP2 Envelope Phaser at Matisyahu / Dub Trio sound check Jones Beach by Pigtronix
- (2010-08-28) Pigtronix - Envelope Phaser EP2 by Kayzer
- (2010-08-28) Pigtronix - Envelope Phaser EP2 & Echolution by Kayzer
- (2010-08-30) Pigtronix - Envelope Phaser EP2 & Fairfield Circuitry - Four Eyes Fuzz by Kayzer
- (2010-11-03) Juan Alderete from Mars Volta plays Pigtronix EP2 Envelope Phaser at Bass Player Live 2010 by Pigtronix
- (2010-12-07) Pigtronix EP-2 Envelope Phaser by NstuffMusic
- (2011-04-01) Pigtronix EP2 Envelope Phaser Is Not Just A Clever Name For An Effect Pedal (Video) by GearWire
- (2011-06-04) Pigtronix Envelope Phaser demo, by Pete Thorn by Peter Thorn
- (2011-08-29) Pigtronix Envelope Phaser EP2 by arielpozzo
- (2011-09-09) Pigtronix Envelope Phaser II (EP-2) by popintothechemist
- (2011-09-12) Pigronix EP-2 (Envelope Phaser) Part II by popintothechemist
- (2011-10-09) Pop Into The Chemist (Live) using Pigtronix EP-2, GtrWrks b5 by popintothechemist
- (2012-02-20) Bootsy Collins Testimonial about Pigtronix Effects - Mothership, Envelope Phaser, Disnortion by Pigtronix
- (2012-03-24) Pigtronix Envelope Phaser EP-2 with Rittenhouse & Rice guitars + Vintage Sound Amps VSA 112p by TheGuacamoleXplosion
- (2012-03-29) Chris Thile plays Solo Mandolin through Pigtronix Envelope Phaser at Punch Brothers Rehearsal by Pigtronix
- (2012-04-02) Pigtronix Envelope Phaser Commerical feat. Peter Thorn by Pigtronix
- (2012-07-25) Pigtronix Envelope Phaser 1st try with expression pedal by 13thStreetGuitars
- (2012-09-25) Andy Larocque of King Diamond plays Pigtronix Envelope Phaser - Heavy Metal Guitar Solo by Pigtronix
- (2012-12-20) Pigtronix Envelope Phaser by Prymaxe
- (2013-06-08) Pigtronix BASS pedals demo Infinity Looper, Envelope Phaser, Fat Drive, Philosopher, and more by Gearmanndude
- (2014-11-01) Stompbox Saturday : November 1, 2014 : Pigtronix EP2 Envelope Phaser by SeanPierceJohnson
- (2015-01-27) PIGTRONIX Envelope Phaser EP-2 does yoy yoy by Pedals Fusion
- (2015-06-23) Pigtronix EP2 Envelope Phaser by PedalOfTheDay
- (2016-06-02) Pigtronix Envelope Phaser EP2 by reverbmarket
- (2016-10-26) The phenomenal @j_alderete demoing his Envelope Phaser back in the Mars Volta days! Much love brother.
- (2016-10-31) Gorgeous improvisation from @j_alderete of pedalsandeffects.com with his Envelope Phaser 2! ??? Catch him on tour with @officialdeltron -they put on an unforgettable show.
- (2017-02-03) How cool is this?bowed double bass making waves with the Envelope Phaser 2! Thanks for the video @beardybass
- (2017-02-24) Some vintage @bossfx_us in the cut with the Pigtronix Envelope Phaser 2!
- (2017-02-24) Some vintage @bossfx_us in the cut with the Pigtronix Envelope Phaser 2! Like an analog bubblebath-luxury!
3 reviews, average score of
|2015-12-12||wiendahl||8.5/10||enjoyed being able to use the envelope and phaser at the same time, really great sound, but ended up getting rid of it and getting the 3leaf||put some masking tape on it once and when i took it off the paint came off too. oh well|