The Pigtronix Class A Boost will fatten up and boost anything you feed it. Our deceptively simple design uses discreet transistors in a single-ended “Class A” configuration to achieve the warmest possible tone. This remarkable preamp can deliver up to 20db of clean boost and remains effective with both instrument and line level signals.
Superior signal to noise performance allows you to put the Class A Boost anywhere in your pedal chain. It can add punch and extra output to a classic overdrive sound and is able to push distortion pedals into extremely aggressive crunch land. Class A Boost is also ideal for hitting the front end of a tube amp to achieve an added layer of sweetness and fat tone.
This pedal runs fine on 9 volts but ships with an 18 volt adapter for superior headroom and maximum punch. Make your sound 1 louder with this handsomely dressed, J-FET masterpiece from Pigtronix.
- Discreet “Class A” single ended audio path
- Max input before overdrive clipping: 3.3V p-p
- Max output before clipping: 8.0V p-p
- 20Hz - 20KHz frequency response
- Gain range: 0 to 10.5
- 18VDC 300mA supply included
- Circuit Design by Howard Davis
- Sound Design by David Koltai
- Chassis Size = 2.4" x 4.4" x 1"
Pigtronix press release (July 19, 2011)
Pigtronix announces release of the Class A Boost – Elegance In Tone
Pigtronix Class A Boost is the final word in high performance guitar preamps. This pedal’s elegant exterior and single knob layout cloth an ingenious “Class A” J-FET design that will fatten up the sound of any instrument or sound source.
Featuring discreet transistor topology (no opamps) this device can boost passive or active pickups and even line level signals up to 20db without ever clipping. Perfectly flat frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz ensures that your instrument’s tone and expressive character remain intact as signal power is increased.
The Class A Boost’s noise free performance allows you to put the effect anywhere in your pedal chain. It adds punch and extra output when placed after a classic overdrive or will happily push your gain pedals into new levels of saturation. The Class A Boost is also ideal for hitting the front end of a tube amp to achieve an added layer of sweetness and fat tone without unwanted clipping or noise.
The Class A Boost runs fine on a standard 9-volt supply, but ships with a Pigtronix 18-volt adapter in order to achieve superior headroom and maximum punch. Make your sound 1 louder with this handsomely dressed, J-FET masterpiece from Pigtronix.
“Pigtronix Class A Boost is crucial to my sound because it makes my guitar tone clearer and louder, without adding distortion.” - Eric Krasno (Soulive)
- (2011-06-24) NY Amp Show '11 - Pigtronix Keymaster and Class A Boost Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2011-07-20) Eric Krasno Demos the Pigtronix Class A Boost Pedal - Soulive Kraz by Pigtronix
- (2011-07-27) Pigtronix Class A Boost - Summer NAMM 2011 by Harmony-Central
- (2011-09-22) Eric Krasno from Soulive plays SRV's "Lenny" with Pigtronix "Class A Boost" by Pigtronix
- (2011-09-29) Pigtronix Class A Boost by JetCityMusic
- (2011-11-14) BOOST PEDAL SHOOT-OUT : Pigtronix vs Xotic - 3P3D 2011 Class A vs. RC Booster by The Tone King
- (2011-12-21) Pigtronix Class A Boost Pedal Demo by Fat Tone Guitars
- (2012-04-09) Pigtronix Class A Boost by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2012-07-31) Pigtronix Class A Boost Official Studio Demo by Pigtronix
- (2012-09-05) Ripping Country Guitar - Matt Lee rocks Pigtronix Class A Boost in Nashville TN - Telecaster by Pigtronix
- (2013-09-16) Pigtronix Class A Boost & Quantum Time Modulator - Demo by fluff191
- (2013-10-30) Camilo Velandia plays Pigtronix Class A Boost Demo en Espanol by Pigtronix
- (2016-08-14) Pigtronix(?????? ??? Class A Boost by BuzzbeeTV
- (2016-11-12) Throwback with @erickrasno tearing it up on the Class A boost! Check out the new album from the Eric Krasno band "Blood From A Stone" out now!