The Pettyjohn CHIME is the second release in the single pedal format, The Foundry Series, and it draws inspiration from the right channel of the flagship Signature overdrive, The PettyDrive. The CHIME is built with the same audiophile components as its predecessor so it retains the sweet, harmonically rich edge-of-breakup tones found in the original plus a new Â“BoostÂ” knob for pushing the drive into totally new territory! The CHIME has been voiced to provide a large range of gain and tone shaping to complement any playing style and be at home in any rig as a foundational part of a playerÂ’s sound. The CHIME transcends normal shortcomings of many overdrive pedals found on the market today, featuring a full, natural tonal range that allows your guitars tone and playing nuances to shine through while imparting sweetness, punch and depth with natural, musical harmonic presence and subtle natural compression often associated with cranked British style amps. Huge internal headroom and carefully selected parts contribute to an open tone with less harsh in-harmonic distortion artifacts than your average overdrive pedal. At times, you may even forget you have a pedal on as the sweet harmonics and saturation may just become a part of your core tone that you never want to plug-in without again!
- Wide Gain range with two interactive controls for adding Drive:
- Gain: Features the Gain mod for 2.5x the original ChimeÂ’s gain on tap!
- Boost: Pre-boost control with that adds extra presence and grit
- Clipping Selection: Three carefully designed Clipping options for a very wide range of break-up flavors. Yellow LED, Germanium dDiodes and combo mode
- Low Cut Selection: Three carefully selected Low Cut frequencies interact with the gain control and clipping section to provide easy recall for different guitars, amps and even bass!
- Tilt EQ: An audiophile approach to tone control, the Tilt EQ circuit is carefully voiced to compliment the clipping options and utilizes Orange Drop tone caps for a musical sweetness not normally found in a pedal.
- High-Performance Power: Dual-rail power section with 9V to 18V operation range, providing 18V-36V of voltage swing for huge internal headroom while drawing under 100mA
- Audiophile, Studio-Grade Performance in a Pedal:
- Burr Brown OPA input buffer
- Classic TL072 and JRC4558 stages carefully implemented for warmth and feel
- Audiophile grade, through-hole 1% Metal Film resistors
- Top Shelf WIMA and Silver Mica caps used in tone sensitive operations
- Internally Direct Coupled stages for purest signal path possible
- Lead-Free PCB constructed with Audiophile Lead-free Silver Solder
- Extremely Low Noise
- True Bypass Switching
- Box and Circuit Handmade in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, USA
- (2015-11-29) Happy #straturday! Here's a quick clip of how I set the Chime side of my #PettyDrive with my #Fender SuperStrat. This clip starts with a coil split bridge and then changes to a full Humbucker. I use the low cut to adjust quickly for the extra lowend the H by Pettyjohn Electronics
- (2016-05-19) Pettyjohn Electronics Chime OverDrive by Pettyjohn Electronics
- (2016-05-19) Pettyjohn Chime Drive by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2016-05-19) Petyjohn Electronics Chime OverDrive by Pettyjohn Electronics
- (2016-05-23) PettyJohn Electronics - Chime by ProGuitarShop Collective
- (2016-06-03) Pettyjohn Chime Drive with Mike Hermans by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2016-06-03) Pettyjohn Electronics Chime OverDrive - Mike Hermans by Pettyjohn Electronics
- (2016-06-09) PettyJohn Electronics- Chime by ProGuitarShop Collective
- (2016-06-24) Pettyjohn Chime Demo Video by Shawn Tubbs by Shawn Tubbs
- (2016-06-29) Pettyjohn Electronics Chime Demo by Shawn Tubbs by Pettyjohn Electronics
- (2016-07-07) PettyJohn Chime Overdrive, demo by Pete Thorn by Peter Thorn
- (2016-07-08) Pettyjohn Electronics Chime Demo by PeteThorn by Pettyjohn Electronics