The Pelitaur may seem simple and transparent at first glance. Possibly even a few glances later; but simple and transparent are two things the Pelitaur is not. Or is it?
This mythological golden box is made up of two distinct fuzz circuits running in parallel. One side snarls as it spits and sputters out vintage sounding, Velcro-ripping fuzz goodness. The other side, like an old friend, screams with a classic mid-scooped character not unlike a Russian green box. What would happen if you blended these two sounds together? Something very magical! Let's dive into that.
The three controls across the top are labeled: GAIN, TREBLE, OUTPUT. These are very interactive controls.
- GAIN: The gain control could be thought of as a "gain texture" control. Or simply a blend knob between the two fuzz circuits. All the way CCW is the vintage styled sputtery sounding fuzz. All the way CW is the classic scooped-mid fuzz sound we all crave.
- TREBLE: Here is where things get even more interesting. Since we have two complete fuzz circuits in here why not give each of them their own tone stack? Done.
Dial in a good blended fuzz tone, and get a very interesting tone sweep through the treble control. When boosting highs in one circuit, it boosts the lows in the other.
- OUTPUT: Simply an overall output level of the effect.
Features & specifications:
- Internal trim pots to adjust gain level of each fuzz if need be.
- Standard 2.1mm 9V negative center power.
- 3mA current draw
- 100% hand built, true bypass, quality tested
- (2016-04-01) Pelitaur by Pelican NoiseWorks
- (2016-04-02) Pelican NoiseWorks Pelitaur presented by 60 Cycle Hum by 60 Cycle Hum
- (2016-04-04) Pelican Noiseworks Pelitaur Fuzz by JayLeonardJuatco
- (2016-07-30) Pelican NoiseWorks Pelitaur Fuzz by shnobel
- (2016-10-25) Chuck Pedals Diver Fuzz vs Pelican Noiseworks Pelitaur by shnobel
- (2016-11-07) Facebook Live: One Year Later...and some Pelitaur fun!!! by SeanPierceJohnson
- (2016-11-07) @edwidge_dandycat shredding it up with a Pelitaur on a fine Saturday morning. ? by Pelican NoiseWorks
- (2016-11-27) #Repost @samatkins78 with @repostapp ??? NPD ??Another 'Pelitaur' to add to the collection...But this one is a bit special. It's of course in a shell pink finish, has NOS Telefunken BC109 and tweaked to provide a clearer higher gain tone. (William interru by Pelican NoiseWorks
- (2016-12-03) Stompbox Saturday No.79 : Pelican NoiseWorks Pelitaur (aka THE BEST FUZZ PEDAL EVER) by SeanPierceJohnson
- (2017-01-26) I could watch @peteajonas play @prismaguitars through @pelicannoiseworks and #spruceeffects and @otisamps all day. #Repost @otisamps with @repostapp ??? Last Namm post.. @peteajonas experimenting with stacking the @pelicannoiseworks Pelitaur and @spruceef by Spruce Effects
- (2017-02-01) Pelican NoiseWorks Pelitaur Fuzz Guitar Effects Pedal Demo Video by PedalOfTheDay
- (2017-02-02) @pedaloftheday shredding things up nicely? ??? Check out (and subscribe to) our @youtube and @vimeo channels for the full demo of today's Featured Pedal, the @pelicannoiseworks Pelitaur Fuzz - cheers! . . . . by Pelican NoiseWorks
- (2017-05-30) Gnarly @seanpierceceo! ??? Pedals and beers with my best buddies. Showing Atlas and Metal the magic of the @pelicannoiseworks Pelitaur and other goodies from @chaseblissaudio and @walrusaudioeffects and @jhspedals and @solidgoldfx by Pelican NoiseWorks
- (2017-06-23) I love this @j_alderete ??? Some insanely intuitive Fuzz by Pelitaur @pelicannoiseworks (and of course the @bossfx_us VB-2w) by Pelican NoiseWorks