The Pelitaur may seem simple and transparent at first glance. Possibly even a few glances later; but simple and transparent are two things the Pelitaur is not. Or is it?
This mythological golden box is made up of two distinct fuzz circuits running in parallel. One side snarls as it spits and sputters out vintage sounding, Velcro-ripping fuzz goodness. The other side, like an old friend, screams with a classic mid-scooped character not unlike a Russian green box. What would happen if you blended these two sounds together? Something very magical! Let's dive into that.
The three controls across the top are labeled: GAIN, TREBLE, OUTPUT. These are very interactive controls.
- GAIN: The gain control could be thought of as a "gain texture" control. Or simply a blend knob between the two fuzz circuits. All the way CCW is the vintage styled sputtery sounding fuzz. All the way CW is the classic scooped-mid fuzz sound we all crave.
- TREBLE: Here is where things get even more interesting. Since we have two complete fuzz circuits in here why not give each of them their own tone stack? Done.
Dial in a good blended fuzz tone, and get a very interesting tone sweep through the treble control. When boosting highs in one circuit, it boosts the lows in the other.
- OUTPUT: Simply an overall output level of the effect.
Features & specifications:
- Internal trim pots to adjust gain level of each fuzz if need be.
- Standard 2.1mm 9V negative center power.
- 3mA current draw
- 100% hand built, true bypass, quality tested