Owly has grown up and gained some great features. We've redesigned the whole boost circuit, while retaining the original tone. Especially not the midrange!
With an internal 9 to 18V conversion, the pedal has more headroom and boost than ever before. This simple MOSFET circuit gives you a warm, fat and punchy boost tone that doesn't alter your original tone.
We also added passive EQ controls that help you tailor it to the rig you're using.
Pre-Low cut knob cuts the low end as you turn up the knob. With the knob all the way down, there's even a slight perceived bass boost. Got single coils? Use this to keep your signal fat.
Post-high cut knob cuts the high end smoothly as you turn the knob down. This is great for those who have bright guitars and wish to tame the harshness slightly.
Last thing we've added is a relay soft touch true bypass feature.
- Relay soft touch true bypass switching
- Redesigned boost circuit
- Pre-low cut and post-high cut passive EQ
- Top mounted power jack
- 9V DC negative center only
- Internal 9 to 18V conversion
- No battery support
- (2013-02-25) #069 - Owly by Pedal Projects
- (2013-03-07) #082 - Metallic Blue Owly by Pedal Projects
- (2013-05-06) #137 - Owly Booster by Pedal Projects
- (2013-06-06) Owly engraving process by Pedal Projects
- (2013-08-15) Custom hand painted Morning Glory + Owly booster by Pedal Projects
- (2013-08-20) Pedal Projects OWLY BOOST guitar pedal demo with Kingbee Grievous Cabronita Tele by Gearmanndude
- (2013-09-08) LS Jolt - LS Boost Box II - White EP Booster - Owly Booster by Pedal Projects
- (2013-09-17) Pedal Projects + Owly Booster by Pedal Projects
- (2013-10-05) Owly Booster - Pedal Projects by Curtis Kent Toneworks
- (2013-12-27) So to keep teasing you guys, here's another clip of the upcoming "Growly" pedal but this is only the overdrive side which is a single MOSFET design and not based on anything specific. It will be paired with an Owly booster in a small enclosure and will by Pedal Projects
- (2014-01-07) Owly building time lapse! by Pedal Projects
- (2014-01-07) Here's a partial time lapse of me building an Owly pedal. Watch the whole thing at YouTube.com/geirisk8 by Pedal Projects
- (2014-03-05) Here's a quick example of the Fulldribe with the Owly mod where you can clearly see that the boost is now a separate circuit from the overdrive. You can use them independently or together. This mod will be added to the website along with a full clip, deta by Pedal Projects
- (2014-03-05) Fulldrive Owly Mod by Pedal Projects
- (2014-05-19) Owly booster in a guitar by Pedal Projects
- (2014-06-09) Litli Fuzz, Owly Boost, Buffer - Pedal Projects (Iceland) by JustNickMusic
- (2015-12-19) I realised that there are no clips of the new Owly anywhere! Use it to make an amp sound even better! There will be some proper demos soon, don't worry. This pedal kicks ass! by Pedal Projects
- (2015-12-19) Owly, full boost and no EQ change. Yeah it's got a bit of boosting capabilities. by Pedal Projects
- (2015-12-19) Take your amp gain to the next level with the Owly! by Pedal Projects
- (2015-12-22) If you're not convinced, the Owly will kick the front end of your amp for sure. Available now at www.pedalprojects.com by Pedal Projects
- (2015-12-22) What did I say about the Owly?? Oh yeah.. It kicks ass! by Pedal Projects
- (2016-06-04) Pedal Projects Owly booster, all the tones! by Pedal Projects