Paisley Tubby Effects
Based around the Ampeg Scrambler from the sixties.
Well known for being rare... This stays pretty faithful to the original, with minor updates that does not affect the sound but makes it a bit more user friendly and reliable.
The Paisley Quasar has two controls; Blend and Texture, the Blend control turned fully anti-clockwise will give you the sound as if the effect has been bypassed and by turning it up this will increase the amount of fuzz/octave being blended into the clean signal.
The Texture control changes the amount of intensity of the octave effect added with distortion to the input signal. From a smooth sound produced when the Texture control is fully clockwise, turning the control anti-clockwise results in more of an upper octave effect being added. With the Blend turned up with Texture the Quasar can get quite aggressive indeed.
- Ampeg Scrambler
- Axis Skrambler (copy)
- Build Your Own Clone Scrambled Octave (copy)
- Correct Sound Scrambler (copy)
- Creepy Fingers Pink Elephant (based on...)
- DB Design Orange Scrambler (copy)
- dp Musicworks EggBeater (copy)
- Electronic Orange Scrambled Eggs (copy)
- Fredric Effects Scrambled Brainz (copy)
- JHS Pedals "Vintage Loft" series Ampeg Scrambler (copy)
- Maxon Fuzz Elements FV10 Void (copy)
- McNeece SCR Scrambler (copy)
- MMFX Egg Scrambler (copy)
- North Effects The Scrambler (copy)
- Retroman Scram (copy)
- RonSound Over-Easy Fuzz (copy)
- Stress FX Octavcide (copy)
- Traves Grime - Distortion/Octave (copy)
- Vanilla Electronics VE-100 Scrambler (copy)
- Vanilla Electronics VE-101 Scrambler (copy)
- Wells Amp NYC 8 Ball (copy)