All of the tone, a third of the size!
The Cali76 Compact provides direct access to your favourite vintage compression settings from the original Cali76 in a compact, easy-to-use package. A single combined Attack/Release control takes care of these often misunderstood parameters, guiding you through the most useful combinations while avoiding the less useful ones. Add in a simple high/low ratio switch and you get tons of flexibility without the complexity – instant gratification guaranteed!
The Cali76 Compact is all you need to experience organic, shimmering compressed tone. If you'd rather concentrate on playing instead of tweaking this is the pedal for you!
SMALLER SIZE WITH NO COMPROMISE
The original Cali76 is a big, beautiful compressor pedal that delivers studio-quality 1176-style compression using discrete Class-A circuitry that's true to the topology and design philosophy of the original.
Sticking to exactly the same principles, we've squeezed this exceptional compressor into a smaller stompbox package that’s more portable and easier to use. Not only do the simplified controls mean you can access a great range of sounds almost instantly, but the 3:1 space saving means this pedal can be housed on even the most congested of pedalboards.
Like all of our Compact Series pedals, the Cali76 Compact features high-current, discrete, Class-A circuitry for transparent, low-noise performance. We've taken a no-compromise approach to the circuit design using only the best of modern components.
Rugged MELF resistors offer low noise performance and rock-solid reliability. Film and tantalum capacitors offer tight tolerances and superb linearity. Carefully chosen transistors biased at relatively high currents yield a distinct signal-to-noise advantage.
Please note: the Cali76 Compact is powered by a mains adaptor only. We've dispensed with the usual 9V battery option, both to save space and to allow us to adopt a high-current approach, yielding lower noise levels and superior tone.
- 100% Class-A discrete signal path
- Classic, ultra fast “FET” response
- Studio-grade discrete-transistor preamp
- Combined Attack/Release control
- Dual-position Ratio switch
- Optimised for guitar but can process any source
- High-current, low-noise electronics
- Ultra-wide frequency response
- Ultra-high input impedance
- Silent switching
- High-quality “signal-conditioning” bypass mode
- Premium components throughout
- Advanced power supply filtering and protection
- Flexible external power requirements (9-18V DC)
- PSU Spec. 42mA @ 9V / 58mA @ 18V
- Designed and built in England
- (2015-09-03) Origin Effects Cali76 Compact Compressor demo with Knaggs Severn & Pro Jr by Gearmanndude
- (2015-09-16) Origin Cali76 Compact by Retro Channel
- (2015-09-27) Origin Effects Cali76-C Compact & Cali76-CD Compact Deluxe Review - BestGuitarEffects.com by bestguitarfx
- (2016-01-22) Origin Effects Cali76 Compact Compressor by PedalOfTheDay
- (2016-02-04) Origin Effects Cali76-G-P & G "Germanium" Demo (w/ CD, C, & TX-LP) - BestGuitarEffects.com by bestguitarfx
- (2017-05-29) Origin Effects Cali76 and SlideRIG Deluxe - Compression by AndertonsMusic
- (2017-08-18) Origin Effects Cali76 Compact Guitar Compressor Pedal by MusicToyz