SO GOOD, YOU WONâ€™T WANT TO SWITCH IT OFF
The Kongpressor is an analogue Class A compression pedal which adds an organic three-dimensional quality to any rig. The pedal takes its inspiration from some of the worldâ€™s most iconic vintage optical studio units, employing a re-issue of the famous vactrol VTL5C3 optocoupler that was responsible for the sound heard on countless hit records.
At lower compression levels the Kongpressorâ€™s effect is transparent but somehow fattening. It adds mojo and a glossy sheen to your core tone that youâ€™ll truly miss when itâ€™s bypassed. Even at extreme settings, the tone always remains musical with great feel under the fingers.
With controls for attack and release time, the Kongpressor can be tweaked to fine tune the transients and the bloom. We worked hard to make these parameters as forgiving as possible whilst still allowing players full control over the compression response. The pedalâ€™s internal charge pump doubles the headroom of the unit, so however the dials are set, the compression tracks seamlessly and remains clean across its range. Thereâ€™s also an active treble control for adding in extra chime and jangle, making the compression even more transparent. So whether you are new to compression or a seasoned studio user, itâ€™s impossible to get a bad sound from this comp.
Of course itâ€™s outstanding for crystal clean country pickinâ€™, but the Kongpressor also maintains the bottom end that seems to gets lost in many compression pedals. This means it behaves impeccably with overdrive pedals or the lead channel of your amplifier, adding fullness and sustain.
Optical Class A Compression
The Kongpressorâ€™s analogue, Class A design makes for very natural sounding compression. The vintage-inspired optical circuit adds extra depth your guitar or bass tone, making it seem â€˜larger than lifeâ€™.
The attack and release times can be adjusted to taste allowing for fine tuning of the bloom and perceived plectrum gauge. Faster attack times will react to the front of the note faster, while slower attack times will add punch to the sound as the compression reacts slower on the transient. Fast release times will give more perceived clean volume along with a more transparent compression. Slower release times will yield more compression and a slower, mellower bloom. With any attack or release setting, the Kongpressor has a satisfying, springy playing response under the fingers.
12dB Clean Boost
With up to 12dB of clean gain available on the Volume control, the Kongpressor works brilliantly as a transparent clean boost pedal, but with a little extra â€˜somethingâ€™. With the compression turned up, your lead lines will cut through the band with plenty of fat, singing sustain.
Internal Charge Pump
Like all Orange pedalâ€™s, the Kongpressor features an internal charge pump which doubles the operating voltage of the pedal to 18V. This has the effect of drastically increasing the headroom for super clean compression. The Kongpressor can be powered by 9V battery or standard DC adapter, or for even more output can also run on 12V DC.
Transparent Buffered Bypass
The Kongpressorâ€™s bypass features an ultra-linear buffer which retains your guitarâ€™s upper harmonic content when the pedal is switched off. Maintain tonal integrity even with long cable runs and large pedalboards.
- (2017-01-19) NAMM 2017: New Orange Rocker Amps & Kongpressor! by AndertonsMusic
- (2017-01-19) Orange Kongpressor Compressor Pedal with Adrian Emsley by Orange
- (2017-01-20) Orange Rocker Guitar Amps and Kongpressor Pedal at NAMM 2017 by Nevada Music UK
- (2017-01-20) NAMM 2017: Orange Rocker 15, Rocker 32 E-Gitarren-Combos & Kongpressor Effektpedal by SessionMusicTV
- (2017-01-24) Orange Amplification's New Rocker 15 & 32, KongPressor, and Acoustic Preamp - NAMM 2017 | GEAR GODS by geargods
- (2017-02-03) NAMM '17 - Orange Amplification Kongpressor, Rocker 15, and Rocker 32 Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2017-03-31) Orange Kongpressor Review by Nevada Music UK
- (2017-04-05) Orange Kongpressor - Review by EytschPi42
- (2017-04-28) Orange Kongpressor by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2017-05-01) Orange Kongpressor - Optical Class A Compression by guitarworld
- (2017-05-07) Let the velvety smooth squish of the Kongpressor lift your tone all the way to the top. http://proguitarshop.com/orange-pedals-kongpressor.html by ProGuitarShop Collective
- (2017-05-15) ORANGE Rocker 32 Amp and Kongpressor Pedal - The Gear Gods Review | GEAR GODS by geargods
- (2017-05-17) Orange Amps Kongpressor LIVE UNBOXING by SeanPierceJohnson
- (2017-06-30) Orange Kongpressor | Review by iguitarmag
- (2017-07-22) Orange Amplifiers Kongpressor Compressor Pedal Review & Demo (Stompbox Saturday Ep.96) by SeanPierceJohnson
- (2017-07-28) ORANGE KONGPRESSOR demo by Pete Thorn by Pete Thorn
- (2017-09-15) Orange Kongpressor Compression Pedal Review by DawsonsMusic
- (2017-11-13) Orange: KONGPRESSOR Compressor by Burgerman666
- (2017-11-13) Orange Kongpressor Demo by Evening/Morning Guitars
- (2017-11-17) Youngr tries out Orange's Kongpressor, Getaway Driver and Fur Coat. by Orange
- (2018-06-18) Orange - Kongpressor by Kayzer