Overdrive | Cab Sim | Class A '70s Amp In A Box
The Getaway Driver is an amp-in-a-box type pedal with just three dials â€“ Volume, Bite (tone) and Gain. While the pedal adds its vintage vibe on all amplifiers, it really excels when used with the amplifierâ€™s clean channel, even ones with a bright cap. It also makes a great clean boost, with low Gain and high Volume pushing amps over the edge into classic overdrive.
The gain structure is produced using single-ended JFET circuitry running in Class A, just like a valve amp. The input buffer, output buffer and Cab Sim are handled using op-amps, using a charge pump to give 18v of headroom.
The pedal features the same transparent, buffered output used on the Orange Two Stroke and Kongpressor pedals. While the second output is a buffered Cab Sim/headphone amp which can also work into a PA (via a DI box) or directly into a recording interface. The first output is transparent when bypassed, however, when using the second output, the Cab Sim remains engaged. This means that the Getaway Driver can be used as just a Cab Sim on its own if needed.
The voicing and gain structure of this pedal is based on a cranked modded â€™70s valve amp. Running at 9 Volts, the pedal will have the character of EL84 valves, whereas 12 Volts will give an EL34 flavour. Use a regulated 9-12V DC centre-negative power supply.
â€™70S AMP IN A BOX
It sounds like a â€™70s amp cranked in a box. Itâ€™s voiced on multiple vintage amplifiers, such as a 1972 â€˜Pics Onlyâ€™ Orange Amplifier modified by our technical director, Ade Emsley.
CAB SIM OUTPUT
Connect the pedal direct into an audio interface, the PA (via a DI) or just to your headphones. It is modelled on a G12H30 which is a 30 Watt Celestion speaker used in our 1970s Orange cabs. If youâ€™re using this output, itâ€™s actually still active when youâ€™re bypassing the pedal allowing you to use other pedals (such as fuzz and distortion), amplifier preamps (via their FX send) with the Cab Sim only.
Thereâ€™s a button inside the getaway driver that when pushed in, tames the top end to make it better for clean channels with treble bleed caps on the volume which is helpful for amplifiers such as the Orange Rockerverb. It compensates so it doesnâ€™t overcook the top end.
- (2017-08-25) Orange Getaway Driver Pedal - A New Boutique Drive Pedal from Orange by Nevada Music UK
- (2017-08-25) Orange Amps - Getaway Driver Pedal (Song Demo) by Orange
- (2017-08-25) Orange Getaway Driver - Review by EytschPi42
- (2017-08-25) The Cult's Damon Fox Reviews the Orange GETAWAY DRIVER Pedal by Orange
- (2017-08-25) Orange Getaway Driver - Guitar Pedal by Orange
- (2017-08-25) Adrian Reviews The Orange GETAWAY DRIVER by Orange
- (2017-08-25) Orange Getaway Driver Overdrive Pedal Review by DawsonsMusic
- (2017-08-29) Orange Amplifiers Getaway Driver Overdrive & Cab Simulator by reverbmarket
- (2017-08-29) Orange Getaway Driver Overdrive by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2017-08-30) Orange Getaway Driver Pedal | Gear4music Demo by Gear4music
- (2017-09-28) ORANGE AMPS Getaway Driver Overdrive Pedal Review | GEAR GODS by geargods
- (2017-11-02) Orange Getaway Driver Overdrive Pedal | Review by iguitarmag
- (2017-11-04) Orange Pedals: GETAWAY DRIVER OVERDRIVE | CAB SIM | CLASS A by Burgerman666
- (2017-11-08) Orange Amps Getaway Driver Overdrive Effects Pedal Demo Video by PedalOfTheDay
- (2017-11-17) Youngr tries out Orange's Kongpressor, Getaway Driver and Fur Coat. by Orange
- (2017-11-30) Orange Fur Coat fuzz & Getaway Driver overdrive pedal demo by The Guitar Magazine
- (2017-12-09) Orange Getaway Driver [Bass Demo] by Patrick Hunter
- (2018-01-13) Orange ??? Getaway Driver by BuzzbeeTV
- (2018-01-15) Orange Getaway Driver Demo by Evening/Morning Guitars