It is a digital recreation of older oil can delay units such as the Fender Echo-Reverb, the Morley EDL and Tel Ray model 10.
As well as an organ tone mode that emulates the Tel-Ray Deluxe Organ tone and Fender Dimension VI.
So it has both longer echo delay and short chorus-y delay modes.
Old Blood Noise Endeavors
The Black Fountain reflects back to the days before digital delay, emulating the sounds of the famed and elusive "oil can delay" units. These units emphasized a chorus-like modulation on the repeats of the effect signal as well as a beautiful and warm repeat cycle.
The Modern mode emulates the classic long delay "oil can" units such as the Morley EDL, Tel-Ray Model 10 and Fender Echo-Reverb. The Time and Repeat controls mimic the functions of the vintage units, while the Fluid control introduces modulation based on the characteristic "wobble" of the electrostatic delay platter. The Vintage mode is similar in function to the Modern mode, but has a grittier and gainier feel to the repeats. Both the Modern and Vintage mode have a delay time of 800 milliseconds.
The Organ Tone mode is based on the Tel-Ray Deluxe Organ Tone, Fender Dimension IV and other short-delay "oil can" units. The vintage units had a fixed delay time of approximately 20 milliseconds, which is implemented here, but the Black Fountain goes above and beyond the original units by incorporating variable Rate and Depth controls for the modulation effect. In addition, the Mix control is capable of dialing a 100% wet signal so a vibrato effect may be produced. The Organ Tone mode also features a simple reverb the mimics the single-spring tank in the original Deluxe Organ Tone effect. The Organ Tone mode has a delay time of 211 milliseconds.
- (2014-07-24) Old Blood Noise Endeavors - Black Fountain by Old Blood Noise Endeavors
- (2014-07-24) Let's screw with the BLACK FOUNTAIN by Old Blood Noise (Episode 4) by Andy Othling
- (2014-08-07) Old Blood Noise Endeavors - Black Fountain Technical Demo by Old Blood Noise Endeavors
- (2014-08-28) Here:Hear, Episode One by Old Blood Noise Endeavors
- (2014-08-29) Here:Hear, Episode Two by Old Blood Noise Endeavors
- (2014-10-25) Saturday riffage with @oldbloodnoise #blackfountain @heavylideffects #sheffieldfuzz and by Chase Bliss Audio
- (2014-11-15) Old Blood Noise Black Fountain Delay Pedal Demo by Chicago Music Exchange
- (2015-04-05) Old Blood - Black Fountain by Knobs
- (2015-07-13) Old Blood Noise Endeavors Black Fountain Delay (demo) by Livingroom Demos
- (2015-08-18) Old Blood Noise Endeavors Black Fountain Delay Demo by The SuperFunAwesomeHappyTime Pedal Show!
- (2015-09-01) Old Blood Noise Endeavors Black Fountain Delay Pedal for Guitar by Curtis Kent Toneworks
- (2015-12-03) #Repost @beardtone with @repostapp. ??? @lotuspedals THD+N demo now on the Beardtone YouTube channel. Total Harmonic Distortions + Noise playing nicely with the @oldbloodnoise #blackFountain & @earthquakerdev by Lotus Pedals
- (2016-02-02) Old Blood Noise Endeavors Black Fountain Delay by reverbmarket
- (2016-04-14) Gimme Fifteen on Black Fountain by Old Blood Noise Endeavors
- (2017-01-22) #Repost @otisamps with @repostapp ??? @peteajonas messing around with a @matthewseffects cosmonaut and @oldbloodnoise black fountain. It's a blast. by Matthews Effects
- (2017-04-11) Old Blood Noise Endeavors - This Is Why I Like You - Black Fountain by Old Blood Noise Endeavors
- (2017-04-23) Pedal Every Week 4: Old Blood Noise Endeavors Black Fountain by Bookworm Effects