The Oktopus plus noiseless power supply comes from the need to have a robust power supply, reliable and extremely silent to provide the necessary stabilized DC voltage at the various effects pedals.
The Oktopus plus implements all the sophisticated features, adding versatility and compactness.
The power supply, often overlooked, is instead a crucial stage for any electronic device. Only after connecting the Oktopus plus you can hear how a power supply built without compromise will bring the benefits of sound effects chain.
The noise floor is greatly reduced or even undetectable, the dynamics will increase significantly, as well as touch sensitivity.
This thanks to the use of the best electronic components on the market and the unique modular design that allows to keep the grounds that feed the individual pedals always isolated from each other, thus eliminating the ground loops (typical of the power supplies in parallel or daisy chain).
The rugged aluminum case creates an excellent protection of the electromagnetic field generated by internal toroidal transformer, it is still designed for audio applications, has already reduced emissions.
Given the strength of the structure and the reduced height, 45mm or so, you can place on the top panel up to three effects pedals (typical size), allowing a considerable saving of space on the pedalboard.
The Oktopus plus has nine separate outputs and thanks to the ability to adjust, the value of the voltage supplied from some of them,
the Oktopus plus is able to feed almost all of the pedals effect on the market.
All outputs are protected against accidental short circuit.
Each channel has a LED which indicates the proper functioning.
The output connections are made through isolated plug, Cliff, 2.1 mm with a negative tip while for the output n° 9 (the 18-24V) the connector is a 2.5mm type.
The Outputs 1 and 2 have parallel connectors which allows, within the current limits that can be delivered, to connect two additional devices.
Note: By using the parallel connection the ground isolation for thes outputs will be lost.
Features and technical details
- Power supply: 230V ± 10% 50/60Hz. Protection against short circuit and overvoltage. (EU Model)
- Power consumption: 30 VA at full load.
- Output voltages:
- CH1 -> 9.6 VDC 100 mA/0.96 W
- CH2 -> 9.6 VDC 100 mA/0.96 W
- CH3 -> 7 VDC to 9.6 VDC (front adj) 100 mA/0.96 W
- CH4 -> 7 VDC to 9.6 VDC (front adj) 100 mA/0.96 W
- CH5 -> 9.6 VDC 350 mA/3.36 W
- CH6 -> 9.6 VDC to 12 VDC (front adj) 250 mA/2.4 W (3.6 W max) (CH6 can provide up to 300mA at 12 VDC.)
- CH7 -> 9.6 VDC to 12 VDC (front adj) 250 mA/2.4 W
- CH8 -> 9.6 VDC to 12 VDC (front adj) 250 mA/2.4 W
- CH9 -> 18 VDC to 24 VDC (internal adj) 150 mA/3.6 W - TIP:2.5 mm - factory setting: 18VDC
- Outputs protected against accidental short circuit.
- Dimensions (mm): L: 300 W: 157 H: 46
- Weight (kg): 1.5
- Environmental Conditions: 10 to 40 ° C, 30-90% RH non-condensing.