The Triton Modulation and Reverb pedal is feature rich, handmade stompbox that offers world class modulation effects including Tremolo, Tremolo/Reverb blend, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, and Phaser/Reverb Blend effects.
An array of external knobs allows a vast range of control over the effects and a three position toggle switch selects between the effects modes.
In Tremolo mode, the Rate knob controls the rate of the tremolo amplitude modulation speed, and has an extremely wide frequency range.
The Depth knob controls the tremolo depth which can provide a subtle pulsation, to a dramatic chop.
A Blend knob provides control over the wet/dry balance of the effect and can go from 50% wet to 100% wet. This knob has a secondary function of adding Reverb to the mix once it is turned passed the halfway point.
Finally, a volume knob allows you to slightly boost or cut your guitar signal to overcome the perceived volume drop that is common with modulation pedals, to provide a unity gain signal level at all control settings.
Flipping the toggle switch to the far rights selects the Chorus/Flanger mode. Here, the blend knob position determines whether the Chorus or Flanger effect is active. When the blend knob is set from 0 to 50%, the Chorus mode is active, and when it is 50 to 100%, the Flanger effect is active. The rate and depth knobs are used in both effects modes and offer wide control range and flexibility. Anything from subtle, slowly swirling tones, to extreme, spaced out effects can be achieved with experimentation.
The third toggle switch position selects the Phaser effect. This provides a nice alternative to the Flanger effect, and also allows Reverb to be mixed in using the Blend knob. Reverb can be used alone by turning the depth and rate knobs to zero. The possibilities are vast with this pedal.
The Triton features a high input impedance FET based preamp circuit, and an analog buffered output stage to prevent annoying volume droop when the pedal is engaged. Like all MythFX pedals, the Triton features True Bypass switching.
The Triton pedal does not sacrifice quality to provide this comprehensive feature set in such a compact package, and features the same bulletproof construction as all of our pedal offerings. Premium components and professional design practices are used throughout, including high grade resistors, capacitors, long-life pots, Switchcraft jacks, and durable powder coated aluminum enclosures with scratch proof Lexan front panel graphics.
If you are looking to add some modulation effects to your pedalboard, the Triton is the perfect answer, and adds more sonic possibilities per square inch than practically any pedal out there.
MythFX press release
The Triton is a modulation pedal that offers multiple, studio-grade guitar effects in a pedalboard space-saving enclosure with flexible controls. The effects include Tremolo, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, and Reverb. All parameter controls use external pots. Rate and Depth controls are available in all effect modes. A Blend control adjusts the wet/dry mix in Tremolo mode, as well as the Reverb mix. In addition, a volume knob is provided to adjust for the perceived volume drop common in modulation pedals.
The Triton pedal does not sacrifice build quality to provide this extensive feature set in such a compact package. The Triton features premium components and professional design practices throughout, including high-grade resistors, capacitors, long-life pots, Switchcraft jacks, and durable, powder-coated aluminum enclosures with scratchproof Lexan front-panel graphics. The pedal requires a standard 9V DC, 2.1mm negative-tip power adapter (not included).
- Handmade in the USA
- Multiple Effects Modes including Tremolo, Flanger, Chorus, Phaser, and Reverb
- Class-A MOSFET Preamp and Buffered Analog Output Section
- High-Impedance, tone preserving input
- Anti-pop switching
- Panel-mounted controls for all function; no internal adjustments
- Blend knob allows 50% wet to 100% wet signal mix
- Volume knob adjusts for perceived volume drop common with modulation pedals
- Powder-coated, aluminum enclosure (3.6”x1.5”) and rugged construction
- Highest quality components throughout including Switchcraft Jacks, film capacitors, and long-life pots
- True Bypass Operation (will not "suck" tone when bypassed)
- Bright LED on/off Indicator
- Durable textured LEXAN graphics will not fade, scratch, or peel
- (2010-07-26) MythFX Triton Part 1: Tremolo/Reverb by Burgerman666
- (2010-07-27) MythFX Triton Part 2: Phaser / Reverb by Burgerman666
- (2010-07-27) MythFX Triton Part 3: Chorus / Flanger by Burgerman666
- (2010-07-28) MythFX: Triton - Overview by Burgerman666
- (2011-05-21) MythFX Triton Tremolo Setting only Bass Guitar by JamExam