MXR® Bass Preamp
The MXR® Bass Preamp combines a pristine bass preamp with a studio-quality Direct Out in a Phase 90-sized box, providing clear tone without hogging precious pedalboard space. Use it to add a new voice to an old passive bass, sweeten up any amp, or put some special sauce on a particular song. Dial it in just the way you want it and send it straight to the house—pre or post-EQ.
The Bass Preamp features separate Input and Output level controls and a 3-band EQ section with sweepable midrange—from 250hz to 1khz—for extensive tonal flexibility. It’s all delivered super clean with high headroom thanks to our own Constant Headroom Technology™, and you can use the Pre/Post EQ switch to set whether or not your Direct Out signal is affected by the Bass Preamp’s EQ section. And of course, the Bass Preamp features a Ground Lift switch in case you encounter ground loop hum.
The Bass Preamp is factory preset to operate in ¼” out buffered bypass and Direct Out active. For players who only want to use the ¼” out, there are two internal switches that disable the Direct Out and ¼” out buffered bypass for true ¼” out bypass mode.
SHIPPING FEBRUARY 2014
- Constant Headroom Technology™ provides super clean tone
- 3-band EQ with sweepable midrange
- Studio-quality Direct Out
- Pre/Post EQ switch for Direct Out signal
- Ground Lift switch
- Quiet operation
- Lightweight, small footprint
- (2014-07-03) BYPASS >> M81 - Pizzicato Tema4 by jazzigo
- (2014-07-03) BYPASS >> M81 - Plectrum Tema3 by jazzigo
- (2014-07-03) M81 - Pizzicato with Opened >> 50% >> Closed Bass Tone Tema3 by jazzigo
- (2014-07-03) BYPASS >> M81 - Pizzicato Tema2 by jazzigo
- (2014-07-03) M81 - Slap Tema1 by jazzigo
- (2014-08-28) MXR M81: Jazz, Slight Bass Boost Mid; +4dB @500 Hz by Premier Guitar
- (2014-08-28) MXR M81: NXT Upright, Slight Bass Boost Mid; -10dB @1K by Premier Guitar