A great distortion to add to your chain to get huge tones and tons of sustain.
The MXR Prime Distortion conjures up vintage hard-clipping distortion. This pedal’s warm, articulate sound is easy to dial in with a classic Output, Tone, Distortion control setup. The Prime Distortion is highly responsive to the intensity of your attack, cleaning up when you pull back and packing a huge punch when you dig in. We designed this 100% analog distortion with low noise op amps, so you won’t get any extra noise added to your signal. Like all MXR pedals, the Prime Distortion comes in a heavy-duty housing with durable jacks and switches for a lifetime on the road.
- Big, powerful '80s arena-rock tone
- Raw, punchy sustain
- Rich distortion
- Highly responsive to playing intensity
- Tone, Output, Distortion controls
- MXR build quality and components
- Low-noise op amps
- 100% analog
- Input Impedance: 1 MO
- Output Impedance: 6 kO
- Nominal Input: -22 dBV
- Max Output: -10 dBV
- Signal to Noise*: 85 dB
- Distortion Range: 27 dB @ 500 Hz
- Tone Control: +/- 4 dB @ 100 Hz, +/- 5 dB @ 2 kHz
- Bypass: True Hardwire
- Current Draw: 4.0 mA
- Power Supply: 9 Volts DC
May 15th, 2013 - Dunlop Manufacturing, guardian of iconic brands such as Cry Baby® and MXR, in partnership with Guitar Center, announce the new MXR Prime Distortion pedal available exclusively at Guitar Center stores, Guitar Center online and Musicians Friend online. This new pedal will be available for purchase on May 22nd, 2013.
The new MXR Prime Distortion conjures up vintage hard clipping that’s raw, powerful and highly responsive to the guitar player's attack. With its classic Output, Tone and Distortion control setup, this pedal’s huge, articulate sound is easy to dial in. The Prime Distortion packs a huge punch when you dig in, but it also cleans up when you pull back. This 100% analog distortion uses low noise op amps so you don’t get any extra noise when the gain levels soar.
- Responsive to attack
- Output, Tone and Distortion controls
- Low noise op amps
- 100% analog
Street price: $49.99.
- (2013-05-15) MXR "Prime Distortion" Pedal Demo by Musiciansfriend
- (2013-05-15) MXR "Prime Distortion" Pedal Demo by GuitarCenterTV
- (2013-05-15) MXR Prime Distortion: James by Jim Dunlop
- (2013-05-15) MXR Prime Distortion: Tal by Jim Dunlop
- (2013-05-16) MXR M69 Prime Distortion demo by nylonsteel
- (2013-05-16) MXR m69 Prime Distortion pedal demo 2 by nylonsteel
- (2013-05-28) MXR M69 Prime Distortion Pedal by AndertonsMusic
- (2013-05-31) MXR Prime Distortion: James (15 seconds) by Jim Dunlop
- (2013-07-02) Cort & Stephen Jensen, MXR Prime Distortion, ProTools 11, Industry News :: THE SKINNY :: EP31 by SkinnyMusicTV
- (2013-10-25) MXR M69 Prime Distortion_ James by Jim Dunlop
- (2013-10-27) MXR Prime Distortion Tal by Jim Dunlop
- (2013-10-27) MXR Prime Distortion James by Jim Dunlop
- (2014-04-09) MXR M69 PRIME DISTORTION Demo by Nazzareno Zacconi by Eko
- (2014-05-04) MXR ??? Prime Distortion M69 by BuzzbeeTV