The MXR Custom Shop Sub Machine is an octave fuzz pedal similar to the MXR La Machine but includes a new sub octave control. Select octave up from either a foot switch or smaller button, and roll in a sub octave using one of the four knobs on the front of the pedal; just roll the sub control up and you will gradually introduce a sub effect into your signal giving you a much larger sound. Choose if you want the sub effect in series or parallel, meaning you can decide if it runs alongside the fuzz so you have a clean octave below, or set it to enter the effect, allowing for a normal sound plus an octave above and below with a fuzz effect.
Jim Dunlop (press release, February 13, 2015)
The MXR Custom Shop Sub Machine Fuzz kicks open the door to epic and unbridled sonic exploration. This mean little box combines the shaggy vintage tones of the La Machine Fuzz with a growling sub octave circuit, giving you a one way ticket to the sonic frontiers of heavy.
The Sub Machine Fuzz features the La Machine Fuzz’s circuitry and all of its functions, from its Volume, Tone, and Fuzz controls to its electrifying octave up mode. The MXR Custom Shop team upped the ante by adding an old school sub octave circuit with its own level control, so you can dial in just the right mix of fuzz and sub octave signals.
To further broaden the Sub Machine Fuzz’s thunderous tonal palette, the Custom Shop team added a Series switch so you can run the sub octave signal straight into the fuzz for subterranean saturation, or alongside the fuzz for a split channel effect.
The Sub Machine Fuzz features true bypass switching and comes in a sturdy, road-ready housing with components to match.
- Combines La Machine Fuzz with old school Sub-Octave signal;
- Separate volume levels for Fuzz and Sub-Octave signals;
- Toggle between Series/Parallel modes;
- Octave switch kicks Fuzz signal into searing Octave Up mode;
- True bypass switching.
- (2015-01-16) MXR Custom Shop Sub Machine Overview by GelbMusic
- (2015-01-22) MXR Custom Shop Sub Machine by Jim Dunlop
- (2015-01-25) Guitar Center New from NAMM 2015 - Dunlop Mini Wah, Fuzz Face, MXR Sub Machine and more! by GuitarCenterTV
- (2015-01-30) MXR Sub Machine Fuzz/Octave Pedal - Sweetwater at Winter NAMM 2015 by Sweetwater Sound
- (2015-02-11) Dunlop Sub Machine Pedal | NAMM SHOW 2015 by baxshopnl
- (2015-03-04) NAMM '15 - Dunlop Band of Gypsys Fuzz Face, Sub Machine, Blue Hippo, and Saffron Squeeze Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2015-03-23) NAMM 2015 - MXR Sub Machine Octave Fuzz | GEAR GODS by geargods
- (2015-04-02) MXR Sub Machine Octave Fuzz Pedal Demo by Sweetwater Sound by Sweetwater Sound
- (2015-06-20) MXR Sub Machine by wildbabydragon
- (2015-06-22) MXR Sub Machine Octave Fuzz by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2015-09-01) Review Demo - MXR Custom Shop Sub Machine Octave Fuzz by Premier Guitar
- (2015-12-03) MXR Custom Shop Sub Machine by Sean Gibson
- (2016-04-17) MXR - Sub Machine (Octave Fuzz) with Sean Gibson of The Noise Reel by Sean Gibson
- (2016-05-26) MXR Sub Machine Octave Fuzz by guitarworld
- (2016-12-19) A clip from the show last Sat in SF with Dunlop artist Javier Reyes of Animals As Leaders using the MXR Sub Machine for the song 'Brain Dance' off their new record The Madness of Many. by Jim Dunlop
- (2016-12-22) 12 Days of Pedals and Effects, Day 9: Sub Machine Octave Fuzz by MXR by PedalsAndEffects
- (2017-01-29) MXR ??? Sub Machine Fuzz M225 by BuzzbeeTV
- (2018-01-10) MXR Sub Machine - Fuzz, Octave Up & Octave Down by klebersh
- (2018-01-14) MXR Sub Machine - Settings by klebersh