The TrancePortal glides alone within the vast cosmos of effects and while it seems very simple to operate, it can truly throw you for a loop. The trick is to just relax, open up and let the sound whisk you away to the hypnagogic wonderland it knows best.
- Dim the lights and light a candle. This isn’t a normal pedal, and this certainly isn’t a normal night.
- Plug your instrument into the input jack (right side of the pedal) and your amp into the output jack (left side of the pedal).
- Start with all the knobs set straight up and down.
- Depress the footswitch, strike a chord and follow-up with something minor.
- Lightly modulated echo with just the right amount of shimmer mixed in
- Approx. 20 – 650mS echo time
- 9VDC power (2.1mm negative center pin adapter) or internal 9V battery
- LEVEL: Adjusts effect intensity
- Full CCW: Dry only
- Full CW: 1:1 mix
- REGEN: Adjusts regeneration/decay
- Full CCW: One repeat
- Full CW: Long stairway
- TIME: Adjusts echo repeat time
- Full CCW: Short
- Full CW: Long
- BYPASS SWITCH: Toggles on/off
- LED on: Ethereal-transfixion
- LED off: cold reality.
- Input impedance: ~500KΩ
- Output impedance: ~2KΩ
- Bypass: True-Bypass
- Current draw: <60mA
- Power requirement: 9VDC adapter or 9V battery