The Moondriver is a high quality effect pedal that has the famous LM308 operational amplifier chip at its core. New old-stock chips are used in the Moondriver for classic and modern high-gain overdrive & distortion.
The Moondriver is hand-built in Cambridge, England.
Here’s the eccentric part in which some pedal builders occasionally indulge. Read it or ignore it as you wish:
The circuit board carries the number 15415, which is an obscure reference to the “Genesis Rock” brought back from the Moon by Apollo 15 astronauts Jim Irwin and Dave Scott in 1971. Apollo 15 was the first of the “J” missions and thus it was also the first to carry the Lunar Rover – hence the term “Moon Driver”.
The white “effect active” LED is placed deliberately off-centre because it marks the landing site of Apollo 15 at Hadley Apennine.
Eccentricity finished, back to reality.
Outline technical description:
The Moondriver is a mono overdrive / distortion effect pedal for guitar or keyboard.
Power supply and battery access:
The Moondriver accepts an internal MN1604 or equivalent 9V alkaline battery and also has a 2.1mm 9Vdc power jack (polarity is sleeve +ve). Inserting a plug into this jack automatically disconnects the battery from the circuit. The Moondriver is protected against reverse polarity and accidental connection to ac power supplies.
- (2012-04-24) TheGigRig Loopy2 with MIDI8 LazyJ J20 Analog Man KoT Moon Driver by The Gig Rig
- (2012-04-25) TheGigRig HOT PEDALS review - MoonDriver with LazyJ J20 Duesenberg by The Gig Rig
- (2015-05-06) RYback overdrive Moondriver by atsushi964
- Pro Co Rat
- Absolutely Analog Ratzo
- Alpha Omega Temptation
- ARC Effects Soothsayer (new name)
- ARC Effects Woodcutter (old name)
- Big Ear NYC Woodcutter
- Big Tone Music Brewery Classic Distortion
- Blakemore Effects R.O.U.S. - Rodent Of Unusual Size
- Build Your Own Clone Mighty Mouse
- Chicago Stompworks Mister Vermin
- CMATMODS Black Plague
- DreamTone Molly The Cat
- Freakshow Effects Brown Rabbit
- Freakshow Effects Magic Rabbit
- Freakshow Effects Ultra Rabbit
- General Guitar Gadgets Rat Replica
- Hartman LM308 Op-Amp Distortion
- JAM Pedals Rattler
- JHS Pedals All American Distortion
- Mars Real Sound Untamed Rat
- Mojo Hand FX Socrates
- Montgomery Appliances Longtail
- Mooer Audio MDS1 Black Secret - Distortion (Turbo Rat & Vintage Rat modes)
- PedalWorX 5 O'Clock Charlie
- Reinhardt Willard
- Rock's Shop Tone Wizard Distortion
- SonicBox Distortion
- Stigtronics Rodent
- Stomp Under Foot Skinner Box
- Synthrotek The "Ratatak"
- Valeton Darktale - Vintage Distortion
- VFE Pedals El Raton
- Vick Audio 85 Classic Rat
- Pro Co Rat 2
- Pro Co Turbo Rat