The MP-201 Multi-Pedal is the perfect Control Hub for live performers, studios, DJ's and more. It's built like a tank and with CV, MIDI and USB connectivity, it can control anything from a laptop running the latest software to a monster analog modular synth.
- Sequence analog synths and effects with MIDI-to-CV conversion
- Wring new sounds from old gear with four Envelope Generators & LFOs
- Sync analog LFOs to sequencer rhythm tracks or live performances
- Trigger MIDI events
- Add preset-like control to Moogerfoogers
- Control analog and MIDI effects rigs
Stay in control while your hands are busy playing, spinning or mixing! The possibilities are endless...
The number four comes up quite often when discussing the Multi-Pedal because practically anything it does, it can do on four independent channels simultaneously.
Each CV output can be programmed individually. Signals can be foot pedal controlled analogue control voltages with +/-5V limits, LFO waveforms, Envelope or Gate voltages, or MIDI-controlled Pitch-CV. In addition, each channel can output MIDI CC's over specified MIDI channels simultaneously with the analogue CV outputs.
- The footpedal voltage with user selected heel and toe voltages (including reverse action)
- Preset Voltage levels
- Analog Envelopes (ADSR with Hold and Looping), Lin / Log / Exp. EG shapes
- MIDI to Pitch CV, scalable from 0.667 V/Octave to 1.333 V/Octave
- LFO of user programmed RATE, AMOUNT and WAVEFORM (triangle, square, sawtooth, ramp and sample & hold)
- LFO signals are scalable and can be synced to MIDI clock, tap tempo, each other, or free-running.
- A random NOISE CV
There are four modes of operation:
- Single Channel Mode uses the footswitches to select programs, channels, turn on/off channels, select tap tempo function, enter tap tempo.
- Quad Channel Mode turns channels 1-4 on/off with footswitches 1-4 and uses the footpedal as an expression pedal for channels 1 to 4. Can use channels one-at-a-time (instant switching between channels) or simultaneously. Independent tap-tempo available on all four channels.
- Edit Mode programs the preset mode.
- Utilities Mode accesses the utilities menu for non-preset related functions (SysEx Dump, Upgrade firmware, Factory Restore, Footpedal Calibration, etc...)
Multi Pedal Control Elements:
- Optical "Gas Pedal" style foot controller
- 4 footswitches (momentary)
- 4 LEDs, 1 for each footswitch.16x2 character LCD (Gray Background, transflective, white LED backlight)
- Rotary Encoder with push switch (VALUE, CURSOR)
- 2 Momentary switches near LCD / Encoder (EDIT, STORE)
Rear Panel Connections:
- USB Port (MIDI over USB)
- MIDI In (DIN connector)
- MIDI Out (DIN connectors)
- 4 x CV (Control Voltage) Out 1/4" connectors (selectable between -5V to 5V or 0V to 5V) Power In (wall mount power supply included)
- (2008-03-18) MP-201 Multi-Pedal Demonstration by Moog
- (2008-09-30) Moog Mp-201 Multi-Pedal: a very quick look by Moog
- (2008-11-01) Moog - DJ/VJ Mike Relm meets the MP-201 Multi-Pedal by Moog
- (2009-09-29) MP-201 Multi-Pedal - Basic Moogerfooger Applications by Moog
- (2009-09-29) MP-201 Multi-Pedal - Basic MIDI Applications by Moog
- (2009-10-01) Saul Zonana shows us some of the powerful expressive potential of the basic Moogerfooger (analog control voltage) applications of the MP-201 Multi-Pedal. For more information, visit moogmusic.com/controllers by Moog
- (2009-10-01) Saul Zonana shows us some of the amazing ways he uses the Multi-Pedal as the heart of his live MIDI performance rig. by Moog
- (2009-11-12) Moog - MP-201 Multi-Pedal Quick Start Guide by Moog
- (2009-11-13) This video shows some of the may ways that musicians use the Moog MP-201 Multi-Pedal to connect, control and create with an astonishing variety of electronic music equipment... from the oldest analog and MIDI gear to the newest hardware and software. Vi by Moog
- (2009-12-07) Moog MP-201 Multi-Pedal - Basic MIDI Applications by JRRSHOP02
- (2009-12-07) Moog MP-201 Multi-Pedal - Basic Moogerfooger Applications by JRRSHOP02
- (2009-12-11) Moog Multi-Pedal MIDI-to-CV Conversion - Parameter Sequencing by Moog
- (2009-12-16) Use the Moog Multi-Pedal, a computer and virtually any sequencing software to create synchronized, "Step Sequencer"-like Control Voltage signals that can be used to animate a wide variety of Moog gear and other analog equipment. Go to www.moogmusic.com/c by Moog
- (2011-03-27) Moog MF-105M MIDI MuRF, Moog MP-201 Multi-Pedal Controlling And Effecting Ableton Live (Video) by GearWire