- Adjusts the gain of the audio input circuit.
- Adjusts the output level when the effect is active. Used for balancing the filtered signal with the bypassed signal.
- Sets the proportion of direct to effected signal that appears at the output.
- Selects one of 12 Animation Patterns in each bank.
- Selects which bank of Patterns is active.
- Sets the Rate of the Pattern.
- Sets the envelope shape of the patterns.
The MF-105 MuRF is a very unique effect designed by Bob Moog. MuRF is short for Multiple Resonance Filter Array. The MuRF provides sequenced filter effects that have not been heard before!
How many times have you wondered, "Why aren't there any NEW effects?" Whether you play guitar, bass, keyboard, make beats, or work in the studio - most effects boxes are based on the same old classics. The Moogerfooger MF-105 MuRF is the antidote to generic, boring effects.
MuRF stands for "Multiple Resonance Filter Array". What this means is the MuRF has 8 filters - their levels are controlled by 8 sliders. It looks like a graphic eq, but the sound of the filters are very different: warm and resonant.
What is really unique is the ability to animate the levels of the 8 filters in up to 24 preset patterns. The rate of the patterns can be set by a knob, expression pedal, or plug a footswitch into the tap tempo input to match the rate to the tempo of your song. Rhythmic variations can be created by adjusting the levels of the filters. The Envelope control sets the shape of the modulation, which can be set for percolating techno rhythmic modulation or shimmering timbral morphing. Other controls include Input Drive, Output Level and Wet/Dry Mix.
MuRF shares the musician-oriented features that are common to all Moogerfoogers. All the audio processing is 100% genuine analog, for warm, fat sound quality. Any line level or instrument level audio signal may be processed. Wide-ranging player parameters may be controlled from the panel knobs as well as from expression pedals or CV-compatible analog synthesis instruments. Components are rugged and long lasting, to withstand the rigors of stage and studio. The MuRF is housed in the classic Moogerfooger "double-wedge" enclosure that may be used on a table or on the floor.
For all players, the MuRF will open up new sonic worlds for you!
Front Panel Features:
- DRIVE Rotary Control: Adjusts the gain of the audio input circuit.
- OUTPUT Rotary Control: Adjusts the output level when the effect is active. Used for balancing the filtered signal with the bypassed signal.
- MIX Rotary Control: Sets the proportion of direct to effected signal that appears at the output.
- PATTERN Rotary Switch: Selects one of 12 Animation Patterns in each bank.
- BANK Slide Switch: Selects which bank of Patterns is active.
- RATE Rotary Control: Sets the Rate of the Pattern.
- ENVELOPE Rotary Control: Sets the envelope shape of the patterns.
- FILTERS Slider Controls: Controls the gains of the following frequency bands: 200 Hz, 300 Hz, 450 Hz, 675 Hz, 1KHz, 1.5 KHz, 2.2 KHz, 3.4KHz.
- DRIVE LED: 3-color LED indicates the level of the Input signal. Green indicates a low-level signal, yellow indicates optimal signal level, and red indicates soft clipping.
- BYPASS LED: 2-color LED indicates effect status. Red indicates bypass, and Green indicates the effect is active.
- RATE LED: Indicates the Rate of the Animation Pattern.
Jack Panel Features:
- AUDIO IN: 1/4" Phone jack – accepts any instrument-level or line-level signal from –16 dBm to +4 dBm. Input impedance is 1 megohm.
- LEFT/MONO OUT: 1/4" Phone Jack carries the summed signal (left+right, all freq. bands) when Right Output is not connected, and carries the Left output signal (Freq. bands: 200 Hz, 450 Hz, 1 KHz, 2.2 KHz) when the right output is connected. Nominal output is –16 dBm to +4 dBm depending on setting of Output Level control when effect is active. Output impedance is 5,000 Ohms.
- RIGHT OUT: 1/4" Phone Jack carries the Right Output signal (Freq. Bands 300 Hz, 675 Hz, 1.5 KHz, 3.4 KHz). Nominal output is –16 dBm to +4 dBM depending on setting of Output Level control when effect is active. Output impedance is 5,000 Ohms.
- RATE, MIX, ENVELOPE, LFO/SWEEP are 1/4" TRS jacks that accept moogerfooger EP-1 (or equivalent) expression pedals, or control voltages from two or three-circuit 1/4" jacks.
- TAP/STEP IN: This tap tempo input accepts a normally open momentary footswitch for syncing the rate of ANIMATION to the tempo of the music.
- CASE: Steel case with black powder coat finish and wood sides, classic analog appearance.
- DIMENSIONS: 9" x 5" x 3"
- WEIGHT: 4 lbs
- SHIP WEIGHT: 6 lbs
- (2010-06-07) Moog Murf Demo by Passenger95
- (2010-06-10) moogerfooger / MF-105 MuRF ???????? ????? by Ishibashi
- (2010-12-13) Moog moogerfooger MF-105 MuRF (with Strymon El Capistan) by simplexiammine
- (2011-04-30) Murf Moogerfooger 105 Moog Demo by GuitarGearComMx
- (2012-04-11) MOOG - MF-105 - MuRF Moogerfooger by Kayzer
- (2012-04-12) MOOG MuRF MF-105 Moogerfooger and Strymon Timeline Delay by Kayzer
- (2012-04-13) Moog MuRF MF-105 Moogerfooger & Eventide Space Reverb by Kayzer
- (2012-12-12) Murf Attack!!! by gaedp86
- (2015-12-07) Moog Moogerfooger MF-105 MuRF by PedalOfTheDay
- Black panel with hardwood sides - classic analog appearance.
- 9" x 5 Â½" x 3"
- Net Weight
- 4 lbs
- Power Requirements
- Power Supply included. 120 Volts, 9 VDC unregulated, 200 mA max current. Positive tip barrel connector.