A unique, filter-based overdrive pedal that employs a classic OTA and Moog Ladder Filter in its drive section for completely customizable sounds from creamy overdrive to cranked tube amplifier. Plug in an expression pedal to add a dimension of tonal and performance possibilities not found elsewhere.
The MF Drive is a unique, filter-based overdrive pedal that employs a Moog Ladder Filter, boutique FET amplifiers, and classic OTAs in its drive section making it highly reactive to input gain and picking dynamics. The bi-polar tone control and sweep-able filter work with input gain to offer each player completely customizable sounds from creamy British overdrive to cranked American tube amplifier and even fuzz. When the filter Peak switch is engaged and an expression pedal is connected, the harmonic content is shifted to the filter’s cutoff position adding tonal and dirty wah performance possibilities not found elsewhere.
GAIN- Sets the input level sent through the OTA before passing through the 4-pole Moog Ladder filter. At lower settings, the MF Drive is cleaner with a smooth breakup. As Gain increases, OTA and filter distortion increase causing the MF Drive to become more aggressive and reactive to picking dynamics
DRIVE - In the down position the Gain knob range is from +6.8dB to +48dB. In the up position the gain range is from +16dB to +57dB. This allows for extended control over gain-staging the input of the MF Drive.
FILTER- Interacts heavily with the Tone knob and filter Peak switch. With Peak off, the filter can be used to reduce top end and add heft to an amplifier. With Peak engaged, the filter can be used to add low, mid, or high frequency boost to your instrument. The MF-Drive by nature has a large bottom end, so this position is extremely useful for dialing in a more focused guitar tone.
PEAK- When engaged, Peak creates a +15dB boost at the Filter cutoff. It is extremely useful for accentuating mid-range or high frequencies. When paired with an expression pedal, Peak unlocks a whole new range of performance sounds.
TONE- A variable Lowpass/Mid-Scoop/Highpass voicing section sent through a boutique FET for color. At minimum, the sound is dark and full. Approaching the Mid position the sound varies from a slightly scooped American tube amp to a more British, mid-forward tone. At maximum position, the sound is present and articulate with a smooth, rolled of low-end.
OUTPUT- The output level of the MF-DRIVE is extremely hot to offer a wide range of tones from clean to dirty. With proper gain-staging, the MF Drive can also be used as a boost or wah pedal.
EXPRESSION PEDAL INPUT- This input is assigned to Filter cutoff. Use it for massive swells or engage filter Peak to create a tunable dirty wah. This setting sounds amazing on bass guitar.
Designed to sound and feel like a cranked tube amplifier without the noise
Extremely reactive to input volume and picking dynamics.
American and British amplifier versatility that when pushed approaches Fuzz
Works great as a dirty boost for high gain amplifiers
Expression pedal control of the filter creates a tunable, dirty wah
Designed to perform with any Guitar, Amp, or Bass guitar configuration
- (2013-10-08) MINIFOOGER EXPERIMENT WITH PASSION PIT by Moog
- (2013-10-08) MINIFOOGERS: New Analog Effects for Guitar & Bass by Moog
- (2013-10-08) Moog Minifooger Guitar Effects Pedals Demo - Sweetwater Guitars and Gear, Vol. 50 by Sweetwater Sound
- (2013-10-10) Moog Minifooger MF Drive Effects Pedal Demo by Chicago Music Exchange
- (2013-10-18) Moog Minifooger Drive by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2013-11-15) Moog MF Drive MiniFooger by MusicToyz
- (2013-12-01) Moog MiniFooger Drive by gaedp86
- (2013-12-02) Moog - Minifooger MF Drive Demo at GAK by GAK
- (2014-01-03) Review Demo - Moog Minifooger Drive by Premier Guitar
- (2014-01-17) Moog Minifooger MF-DRIVE Filtered Drive Pedal Demo by SourceDistributionTV
- (2014-02-13) Moog MF Drive by Prymaxe
- (2014-04-06) minifooger MF DRIVE w/expression pedal by Guitar Shop Hoochies
- (2014-04-18) Moog MF Drive and Delay, demo by Pete Thorn by Pete Thorn
- (2014-05-21) Moog Minifooger parte 5: Drive by arielpozzo
- (2014-08-08) Moog / MINIFOOGER MF Drive?????????????? by digimartnet
- (2014-08-19) Moog / MINIFOOGERS MF Drive?????????????? by digimartnet
- (2014-08-20) Moog MF Drive by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2014-09-24) Moog MF Drive Minifooger Overdrive Pedal Review - Sweetwater Sound by Sweetwater Sound
- (2014-09-24) Moog MF Drive miniFooger overdrive pedal demo with Expression Pedal by Gearmanndude
- (2014-09-24) Moog MF Drive overdrive pedal & Expression pedal demo with Humbuckers on Gibson SG by Gearmanndude
- (2014-10-20) Moog MF Drive Demo by shnobel
- (2015-01-13) Moog MF Drive, ADA Flanger & Boss RE20 - Space Rock by Pedals Fusion
- (2015-04-01) Moog Minifooger Drive demo (by Joris & Jesse) by EffectsDatabase
- (2015-04-07) Moog MF Drive Minifooger Overdrive Pedal Review by Sweetwater Sound by Sweetwater Sound
- (2015-09-29) Moog Minifooger MF Drive by reverbmarket
- (2015-11-13) New expression roller prototype controlling a #moog #minifooger MF-Drive pedal for some classic 4-pole ladder filter wah tones. @roninguitars Songbird into a @sommatone Roaring 40 Combo. by AudioLux Devices
- (2016-07-19) Mars Lights "MF Drive" Guitar Pedal Demo by Mr. Furious Audio
- (2016-12-29) Moog MF-Drive - How does it sound? by Audiofanzine
- (2017-06-12) #RMLfx EFC and GPI module + #Moog MF drive & Digitech delay ...the tones on studio monitors are so rich. IPhone speakers = no justice. by Retro Mechanical Labs