A tone enhancing, twin topology boost pedal that allows you to select between transparent VCA or clipped OTA signal paths. When paired with an expression pedal, the MF Boost can also be used as a volume pedal or sweepable-gain boost pedal.
The MF Boost is an Expression enhanced, twin topology boost pedal that allows you to select between an articulate VCA signal path and a colored OTA signal path. This completely unique boost design works with your guitar and amplifier to conjure boutique sound and responsiveness from any guitar/amplifier combination. Its natural compression and sound enhancement also bring out the best tone and performance in other effects pedals. When paired with an expression pedal, the MF Boost can be used as a tone enhancing volume pedal or sweepable-gain boost pedal. The expression pedal input also provides access to higher gain values not available on the panel.
GAIN- Sets the input gain from off to maximum. With the Boost switch in the down position (VCA mode), this knob should be set to maximum. In this setting you will notice tighter bottom, focused midrange, and a more open top end. With Boost in the up position (clipped OTA mode), the sound is creamy and lightly compressed with a slightly more forward midrange.
BOOST - In the down position, signal is sent through the VCA signal path providing clean, articulate tonal enhancement with a subtle 6dB boost (12dB+ w/ expression). This setting feels and sounds like a boutique amp in a pedal. With the switch in the up position, signal is sent through the clipped OTA path providing 12dB of boost (18dB+ w/ expression). This path has a creamy, classic tone that bonds guitar and amplifier for everything from subtle bite and drive to singing leads. Both settings have a naturally occurring musical compression.
TONE- At higher settings this control adds openness, note articulation and picking detail. In this setting the top-end in your amplifier is sweetened while remaining smooth, the mids become focused, and the bottom end appears more robust and tight. At lower settings the Tone control can be used to fatten up an amp or tame harsh top-end.
LEVEL- Level allows you to trim the output of the Boost while maintaining input gain coloration. This control does not go completely off.
EXPRESSION PEDAL INPUT - This input is assigned to Gain. With Gain set to minimum, an expression pedal can be used as a volume pedal. At the mid setting in clipped OTA mode, the expression pedal allows you to swell in and out boost levels musically. At maximum, use an expression pedal to add input Gain not available on the panel of your MF Boost and overdrive your amp.
Articulate tone enhancement tool that you leave engaged
Two selectable signal paths with natural compression
Transparent tone circuit adds articulation, Nashville cluck, or removes harshness
Can be used as a clean boost pedal, a dirty boost pedal AND a volume pedal
Expression pedal adds gain past the panel setting
Designed to perform with any Guitar, Amp, or Bass guitar configuration
- (2013-10-08) MINIFOOGER EXPERIMENT WITH PASSION PIT by Moog
- (2013-10-08) MINIFOOGERS: New Analog Effects for Guitar & Bass by Moog
- (2013-10-08) Moog Minifooger Guitar Effects Pedals Demo - Sweetwater Guitars and Gear, Vol. 50 by Sweetwater Sound
- (2013-10-10) Moog Minifooger MF Boost Effects Pedal Demo by Chicago Music Exchange
- (2013-10-22) Moog Minifooger Boost by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2013-12-19) Moog - Minifooger MF Boost Demo at GAK by GAK
- (2014-01-14) Review Demo - Moog Minifooger Boost by Premier Guitar
- (2014-01-17) Moog Minifooger MF-BOOST Analog Boost Pedal Demo by SourceDistributionTV
- (2014-02-13) Moog MF Boost by Prymaxe
- (2014-02-15) Moog MF Boost by Mike Hermans
- (2014-05-21) Moog Minifooger parte 2: Boost by arielpozzo
- (2014-10-22) Moog MF Boost Demo by shnobel
- (2014-10-23) Moog MF Boost vs Gracenote Dynamic Boost by shnobel
- (2014-12-22) MOOG MF BOOST demo with expression pedal & Gibson SG by Gearmanndude
- (2015-09-29) Moog Minifooger MF Boost by reverbmarket