Experimental moody pedal, the Moody Mushroom is a combined echo / pitch pedal which is controlled optically. It can produce all from freaky and bent out of shape notes to soft chorus like sounds. Very expressive for the creative musician!
The pitch and echo is controlled by covering/ exposing a sensor, which is placed in the right corner of the pedal.
The white knob is a sensitivity control for the sensor and the red knob sets the "amount" of effect.
Moody Mushroom has also a mode-switch. By switching it, the pedal behaves just like a regular echo and its two knobs now set interval time between the repeats (white) and length of repeats (red).
The Mushroom has true bypass.
It is powered with 9 or 12 volt dc adapter. The pedal works with most pedal adapters, polarity is common: center of plug negative. And the pedal works just as well with 9 V.
Moody Mushroom is built by hand in Sweden and all components and wires are soldered with love and passion. Every Mushroom is assigned a serial number, which is engraved on the inside of the lid. Painted red with white dots, inspired by the mushroom "Amanita muscaria" which the vikings used as a drug in the past!
- (2009-03-24) Moodysounds - Moody Mushroom Echo by Moody Sounds
- (2010-02-19) Moody Sounds Mushroom Echo Demo by Audioeffekte
- (2010-02-19) Moody Sounds Mushroom Echo Demo as a Noise Generator by Audioeffekte
- (2013-04-25) Moody Sounds - Mushroom Echo by ArturTadevosyan
- (2016-11-25) mushroom beat delay by Moody Sounds