The Monsterpiece PUMA is a very versatile and dynamic 2 BC108 silicon transistor fuzz that has it’s roots based on the classic Fuzz Face circuit – but has been tweaked for superior sound and performance, as well as an added & switchable Muff style tone control. This is not a stock circuit or straight up clone of the originals. Depending on your settings you can attain sounds from near clean boost, to gritty overdrive, to crunchy distortion, to all out fuzz mayhem!
Experiment with your settings! That is the key to unlocking the full potential of this pedal. Also experiment with your picking dynamics, and your guitars volume knob, as this is a very responsive circuit. Remember, this IS a high gain fuzz circuit, and some settings can be noisy.
- Volume – controls the overall output of the pedal
- Tone – this switchable (via mini-toggle) control is a “muff” styled tone circuit. Big and boomy counter clockwise, to ear piercing as you go past half way up.
- Input Bias – controls the input signal level to the fuzz circuit. Think of it as a “flavor” contour for the type of fuzz you want. Set counter clockwise you get a thicker, nastier fuzz tone. As you increase the bias the fuzz becomes more focused and dynamic.
- Fuzz – controls overall fuzz level. This control is highly interactive with the input bias control allowing many different voicing’s.
- Transistor Bias – Tunes the overall voice of the fuzz circuit. You can get some sputtering dying battery, and gated sounds in certain settings.
- 9 volt battery (recommended)
- Center negative barrel plug adapter – think your typical Boss / Ibanez / 1Spot. Yes, the Monsterpiece SS can be daisy chain powered with other pedals.