The Monsterpiece MD is my take on a classic Germanium transistor Dallas Rangemaster style treble boost circuit. I have added a Tone Cap mini-toggle switch that allows you to switch between a more traditional treble boost, and a more upper midrange boost. The transistor is socketed for easy experimentation if you are into that sort of thing :0)
With humbucker pickups, it is advisable to roll back slightly on your guitars volume knob for best results.
- Controls (external) are volume, and Tone Cap mini-toggle switch
- Internally there is a trimpot that sets the voltage from the transistor collector to ground. It is preset in the in the optimal range which is between 6.6v & 7.2v
- True bypass 3PDT switching with LED indicator
- Can be powered by 9 volt battery (recommended) or standard center negative barrel plug 9 volt DC adapter. DO NOT daisy chain power!
- Battery on/off mini-toggle switch