The Spectre is a Germanium-fueled drive unit which is capable of performing a wide range of duties, but excels in the realm from natural Overdrive to light Fuzz. Several customers have described the Spectre’s sound as a “hybrid Tubescreamer / Tonebender”. Though the Spectre is driven solely by Germanium transistors, (unlike a Tubescreamer) I believe this is an accurate generalization of it’s voicing.
- FUZZ: Controls the drive & grit produced, from a close approximation of your clean tone all the way to gritty, warm Germanium breakup.
- COLOR: Controls the amount of Low-End which is clipped by the circuit. Turning this knob CCW creates a thicker, more fuzz-like tone.
- HIGH CUT: Increasing this pot trims off the highest treble frequencies, which is very helpful when using a bright amp.
- OUTPUT: Allows you to achieve any output from unity volume to a boosted output.
- Custom designed through-hole PCB Construction
- “New Old Stock” Germanium Transistors
- True Bypass Switching
- 9V Battery or Standard Boss-Style “Barrel Plug” Power
Price: $235 (US)