David Gilmour's lead guitar tone throughout the years has consistently been as varied as it is sought after. Numerous different fuzzes, overdrives, and boosters coupled with various amps and guitars have created some of the most gloriously rich and vibrant tones in the history of rock. While it's clear that no sole effect can alone duplicate the "Gilmour Sound", when it comes to fuzz...his go to unit for the majority of his career has been the legendary Big Muff, and with so many different incarnations and variants being employed at different time periods, his tone has remained extremely difficult and elusive to pin down.
The Iron Bell isn't based on any particular Muff circuit. Instead, we've tweaked it to be a platform that is wide, yet focused. Unlike the Colossus Fuzz which is based on the Sovtek/Civil War era Muff, the Iron Bell is voiced to be very open and rich, with an almost 3D like harmonic quality. Alongside the standard Gain and Volume controls, the Tone and Colour knobs allow you to sculpt the overall spectrum of the EQ. That Iron Bell is tweakable enough that combining it with various set ups and effect combinations will allow an ample array of colors and shades.
The Iron Bell's main focus isn't meant to be "David Gilmour in a box", it's more a tonal tool that can be used in countless ways to get the type of epically soaring, yet manageable quality of sound that has become the signature calling card of one of music's most legendary players. The Iron Bell can be much more, and can serve as a tool to take your tone as far as your imagination will allow.
Mojo Hand FX Iron Bell Fuzz Features:
- Rich, dynamic fuzz tone
- Controls for gain, volume, tone and colour
- 9 volt operation
- True bypass
- (2012-12-13) Mojo Hand FX Iron Bell by JetCityMusic
- (2012-12-17) Mojo Hand Iron Bell review by BjornRiis
- (2012-12-23) Mojo Hand FX Iron Bell Fuzz by Prymaxe
- (2013-02-03) Mojohand FX IRON BELL fuzz guitar effects pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2013-02-06) NAMM 2013 - Mojo Hand Iron Bell Fuzz by EffectsDatabase
- (2013-03-01) Mojo Hand FX Colossus Iron Bell One Ton Bee comparison by Tone Factor
- (2013-03-07) Mojo Hand FX #001 Bell Limited Edition Iron Bell Fuzz by Prymaxe
- (2013-05-08) Mojohand FX the Iron Bell Guitar Pedal by MusicToyz
- (2013-11-13) Mojo Hand Fx Iron Bell Fuzz Review by HarMaMusic
- (2014-04-10) TubeFi Gear Demo Mojo Hand FX Ironbell Fuzz by mrtolex
- (2015-07-11) MojoHand FX Iron Bell Fuzz-- Demo by RockTheEagle
- (2016-02-01) Iron Bell Fuzz demo by LucaMetal