The Mission VM-PRO is the most sophisticated volume pedal ever made. Using quality components and designed to exacting specifications, the VM-PRO introduces several innovative features never seen before in a volume pedal to meet the needs of the professional musician. Together these resolve many of the common issues with volume pedals that cause tone sucking and mismatching problems whatever your instrument. The VM-PRO works with most guitars including electric, electro-acoustic, baritone or bass. It also works with many other instruments including electronic keyboards, steel guitars, and instrument microphones such as harmonica and horn mics.
Using an acoustic instrument like acoustic guitar, violin, or stand-up bass without a pre-amp? No problem. The VM-PRO-PZ version is the only volume pedal in the world specifically designed to work with un-amplified Piezo Electric pickups.
The VM-PRO features high quality onboard buffers. These buffers help maintain the frequency response when using long cable runs and multiple effects. In other words: No tone suck! If you’ve ever experienced reduced top end and a general loss of sparkle from your instrument plugged into a pedal board, then a good quality buffer at the start of your signal chain can help. The Mission buffer is a top of the line audiophile grade circuit, and being integrated right into the volume pedal, you can avoid having to use a separate device, reducing the cable count and saving space and weight on your pedal board.
VM-PRO is designed for flexibility, and includes switchable options that let you tune it to your specific requirements. You can place the volume pedal anywhere in the signal chain without mismatch issues, so you can place it first and use it for swells and clean/boost control, last as a master volume, or anywhere in between.
A selectable output impedance lets you use the volume pedal with vintage fuzz and other devices that would normally be incompatible with a volume pedal. Placing the VM-PRO in front of a fuzz allows you to roll back the volume to clean up just like using the volume knob on your guitar, but with more precise control. A switchable gain stage lets you set the pedal for use with high output active pickups without clipping, and the unique Mission Sparkle switch restores some of the top end brightness thats typically lost as you roll back the volume.
Last, but by no means least, is is completely isolated secondary output that routes an additional, unaltered signal from the pedal. Primarily intended for use as a tuner out, use of this output won’t cause any signal loss on the main output regardless of what is connected to it, as the two outputs are completely isolated inside the pedal. The tuner out remains active independent of pedal position so you can tune silently, at full volume, or anywhere in between without the tuner sucking your tone.
The Secondary out can also be used for advanced studio and recording functions such as re-amping and side chaining. Use it to send a dry signal direct to a mixing desk or DAW, or split the signal between two different effect chains/amps to create ambient stereo effects.
- Works with many instruments including electric, acoustic-electric guitars and basses including 7 string guitars and 5 and 6 string basses, keyboards, and instrument microphones.
- Switch selectable input for use with passive or active pickups.
- Switch selectable output impedance for use with vintage fuzz and similar pedals.
- Sparkle switch restores brightness when rolling back volume.
- On board professional quality buffer and line driver for reliable interfacing, and maintaining frequency response with long cables and complex pedal boards.
- Isolated secondary/tuner out.
- Road ready all metal chassis in choice of black or red finishes.
The VM-PRO is powered by an included 9V internal battery accessible from a battery door on the bottom plate for easy changing. It can also be powered by an external power supply. The power circuit is very flexible and can accept between 9 and 18VDC supplies. Using a higher output supply will increase the headroom which may be useful for very high level inputs. The VM-PRO uses a standard barrel connector and is protected against reverse voltage.
- (2013-04-09) Mission Engineering -VM PRO - Demo - THE SKINNY - Guitar Pedal Expo 2013 by SkinnyMusicTV
- (2013-06-28) GP Previews the Mission VM-Pro Volume Pedal by GuitarPlayer
- (2013-08-17) Mission VM Pro with Fuzz by Mission Engineering
- (2013-11-11) Mission VM-Pro Buffered Volume Pedal by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2013-11-25) Mission VM Pro Set Up by Mission Engineering
- (2015-09-27) Mission Engineering VM-PRO Active Volume Pedal demo with Tele, Pro Jr, & Multiple Pedals by Gearmanndude