- Cut (on 4 knob versions)
The Red Snapper is the finest transparent overdrive made today. Not just a clean Boost, it is also capable of saturation leves the same as vintage amplifiers. Deceptively simple tone controls allow for shaing pick attack without changing the tone of your particular guitar and amp.
- All analog circuit
- Ultra bright LED
- Easy access battery
- True bypass switching
- External power supply jack (- center, + ring)
- Silver plated, teflon coated wire
- Shielded wire from input to output jacks to switch
- Only carbon resistors and film capacitors used in signal path
The Red Snapper is the original Menatone pedal. It debuted in 1996 to fill the need for a very open and uncompressed overdrive. The circuit has remained essentially unchanged except for the addition of the "hi cut" control, which allows for complete control of the treble response after the overdrive. The unique design of this control allows it to be taken completely out of the circuit when turned fully counter clockwise, thus making the circuit identical to the original three knob version. The Red Snapper can produce anything from a clean boost to enough drive to make any amp sing. Its overdrive character was painstakingly designed to keep your amp and guitar's illustrious tone perfectly in tact.
One of the best overdrives on the market if not the best. If you are a fan of the 808 Tube Screamers, you will just love this.
The Red Snapper was designed as the ultimate transparent overdrive. Capable of totally clean boosts, to saturation levels of vintage amplifiers the Red Snapper is in a class by itself.
The Snapper's tone controls are deceptively simple consisting of bite and cut controls.
The bite is a presence knob which adds gain in the upper, "pick attack" regions. The cut is a high frequency filter.
These two controls allow you to not only tailor the tone, but also the type and feel of distortion produced by the Red Snapper
- (2008-10-12) Menatone Red Snapper Overdrive guitar effect pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2008-11-05) Menatone Red Snapper Overdrive Demo by Tone Factor
- (2009-10-29) Menatone Red Snapper Overdrive handwired version guitar effects pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2010-04-02) Menatone Red Snapper by Sam Vilo
- (2011-09-20) Prymaxe Picks: Menatone Red Snapper Overdrive by Prymaxe
- (2012-12-23) Menatone The Red Snapper MK3 Overdrive by Prymaxe
- (2013-09-11) Menatone Red Snapper, Blue Collar, Working Man's Blue overdrives (comparison) by JustNickMusic
- (2015-09-07) only 6 more of the Menatone Red Snapper Mk3 Edition will be made. if you want one of these last ones head over to http://www.menatone.com/#!pedals/c1jo3 by Menatone
- (2016-08-26) Red Snapper Skinny Fish 20th Anniversary Demo Elías Marínez by Menatone