The McPherson Rockbox Distortion has been inspired by vintage 'Brit Rock' amplifiers, and offers a huge sound that extends beyond that of a conventional floor based distortion unit.
The Rockbox Distortion performs like an extra channel on your amp. Working in naturally with your current setup, to achieve a powerful organic tube style distortion, rich in harmonics and sweet overtones.
The left footswitch engages the pedal, while the right footswitch engages the boost. This boost utilises our ultra transparent Black Boost circuitry, ensuring your solo's will be heard with sublime punch and clarity. In addition to this, when the boost is engaged, the front panel drive control is turned off and the rear panel boost drive control is simultaneously turned on. This means you can have a completely independent drive setting for the boost, letting you have more or less drive saturation when engaging the boost.
The upper left switch selects between two separate modes. The Blonde mode add clarity and helps cut through when soloing, while the Brunette mode is warmer and more natural.
The Drive control has a wide range, from bluesy overdrive to driving classic rock, through to massive stadium rock tones. While the tone control circuit has been specifically design to easily dial in a sound that complements you rig.
The Rockbox Distortion is a great choice for the musician who needs a rich, powerful tube style distortion with exceptional tone and flexibility.
- Quality Switchcraft/Neutrik Jacks
- Full handmade point to point wired all analog circuitry
- Truly flexible design offering many tone configurations
- True Bypass electro Harmonics heavy duty switch· with pop reduction circuit
- Alpha Pots
- Super bright Blue and Pure White LED indicators
- Rugged Canadian made Aluminium cast enclosure
- Standard 3 Year warranty (conditions apply)
- Handcrafted to the highest standard in New Zealand