- NR On/Off (toggle)
Maxon Re-Tube Real Tube series
A real-tube pedal for use with clean and semi-clean amps.
The Maxon RTO700 Real Tube Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal has no clipping diodes in the signal path - All distortion comes directly from the dual triode preamp tube and hi-gain amp circuit. This design makes the RTO the best tube overdrive pedal for use with clean and semi-clean amps to effectively add a 2nd or 3rd channel of pure tube tone to your rig.
Every aspect of the RTO700 has been re-thought and redesigned to provide a lifetime of trouble-free performance. As soon as power is applied to the pedal, an In-Rush Current control begins heating the tube at a very low voltage (much like a tube amp standby switch) to dramatically extend tube life. When the pedal is engaged, a charge pump circuit bumps incoming voltage to feed the tube with 12.6 VDC.
Unlike other tube overdrive pedals, the RTO700 places the tube AFTER the OD/Distortion circuits, making it the best tube overdrive pedal to recreate an authentic tube-amp tone.
Gain and Master Controls allow the user to dial the amount of distortion and output level. The three Tone controls are completely independent with no frequency overlap, allowing for an unprecedented degree of tonal options. Everything is kept clean and tight via the variable VCA Noise Reduction circuit, which features an LED status indicator and On/Off switch.
The RTO700’s Front-Panel Controls are as follows -
- GAIN - Controls Gain level.
- MASTER - Controls output level allowing user to match effect and bypass levels .
- BASS - Controls low frequency range.
- MID - Controls middle frequency range.
- TREBLE - Controls high frequency range.
- NR - Controls amount of Noise Reduction when NR is switched on.
- NR On/Off - Turns Noise Reduction on/off.
Like all Maxon products, the RTO700 features True Mechanical Bypass switching using a 3PDT switch. The RTO700 comes complete with the Maxon AC2009 9-Volt power supply, an auto sensing digital power supply that can be used anywhere in the world.
- All tube overdrive and distortion
- Ideal for adding tube tone to clean amps
- In-Rush current control for extended tube life
- Extensive gain and tone controls for maximum sound shaping
- (2011-02-04) NAMM '11 - Maxon Effects Real Tube: Compressor/Limiter, Overdrive & Overdrive/Distortion Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2011-06-29) MAXON Real Tube II: RTO700 Real Tube Overdrive (PRS to HIWATT) by Burgerman666
- (2011-07-10) MAXON RTO700 Real Tube Overdrive guitar effects pedal demo with SG & Marshall amp by Gearmanndude
- (2011-09-09) Best Overdrive Pedal EVER! - Maxon RTO700 Real Tube OD Pedal by Godlyke
- (2011-12-20) Bobby Devito Demos Maxon RTO 700 Tube Overdrive by Bobby DeVito
- (2012-02-19) Maxom RTO 700 Real Tube Overdrive by www.geargasstore.com by geargasdotcom
- (2012-06-08) Maxon FX RTO700 Real Tube Overdrive by popintothechemist
- (2012-06-12) Maxon RTO700 - Amp Like Overdrive/Distortion by Godlyke
- (2013-02-27) PIMPIN PEDALS' - The Best Tube Overdrive/Distortion Pedal - Maxon RTO700 by Godlyke
- (2014-05-14) http://www.maxonfx.com/real-tube-ii-series-effects-pedals/rto700-real-tube-overdrive-pedal Overdrive with real Vacuum Tube Three cascading Gain stages - NO Clipping diodes Three-band tone circuit with Bass, Midrange and Treble Switchable by Godlyke
- (2015-04-14) Tim Palmieri (Kung Fu) takes a look at the Maxon RTO700 Real Tube Overdrive by Godlyke
- (2015-12-02) Started messing around with the #RTO700 on #Bass and it sounds pretty dope! Do you use any #overdrive on bass? If so what and why? I'm curious. - WilHelmus.! ([bassist at large]) by Godlyke