Maxon Re-Tube Real Tube series
A tube-based pedal with independent overdrive and distortion circuits for extensive tonal versatility.
The Maxon RTD800 Real Tube Overdrive and Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal features independent Overdrive and Distortion circuits combined with a dual triode tube to offer a massive array of saturated tones, from traditional tube overdrive through full-on gated metal distortion. No other tube overdrive pedal offers this degree of versatility in a single package.
Every aspect of the RTD800 has been re-thought and redesigned to provide a lifetime of trouble-free performance. As soon as power is applied to the pedal, an In-Rush Current Control circuit begins heating the tube at a very low voltage (much like a tube amp standby switch) to dramatically extend tube life. When the pedal is engaged, a charge pump circuit bumps incoming voltage to feed the tube with 12.6 VDC.
The selectable Overdrive and Distortion modes are configured as follows:
The Overdrive circuit features two stages of clipping - a bi-directional clipping diode in the feedback loop of the op-amp and then a single-diode in the second stage for asymmetrical clipping.
The Distortion circuit also features two clipping stages, but configured differently - a bi-directional clipping diode in feedback of op-amp for stage 1, and then a 2nd stage with a passive bi-directional clipping circuit.
Unlike other tube overdrive pedals, the RTD800 places the tube AFTER the OD/Distortion circuits, making it the best tube overdrive pedal to recreate an authentic tube-amp tone.
Gain and Master Controls allow the user to dial the amount of distortion and output level. The three Tone controls are completely independent with no frequency overlap, allowing for an unprecedented degree of tonal options.
Everything is kept clean and tight via the variable VCA Noise Reduction circuit, which features an LED status indicator and On/Off switch.
In addition, the RTD800 features a Footswitchable Boost function that can be varied between 3-9 dB via an internal trim pot.
The RTD800’s Front-Panel Controls are as follows -
- GAIN - Controls Gain level.
- MASTER - Controls output level allowing user to match effect and bypass levels
- BASS - Controls low frequency range.
- MID - Controls middle frequency range.
- TREBLE - Controls high frequency range.
- OD/DIST - Switches between Overdrive and Distortion modes.
- NR - Controls amount of Noise Reduction when NR is switched on.
- NR ON/OFF - Turns Noise Reduction on/off.
- BOOST ON/OFF - Engages Boost function.
Like all Maxon products, the RTD800 features True Mechanical Bypass switching using a 3PDT switch. The RTD800 comes complete with the Maxon AC2009 9-Volt power supply, an auto sensing digital power supply that can be used anywhere in the world.
- Dual triode tubes offer a wide array of saturated tones
- Seperate Overdrive and Distortion dircuits
- In-Rush current control for extended tube life
- (2011-01-29) JENNIFER LYNN Electric Violin Effects Pedals by Godlyke
- (2011-02-04) NAMM '11 - Maxon Effects Real Tube: Compressor/Limiter, Overdrive & Overdrive/Distortion Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2011-06-27) MAXON RTD800 Real Tube OD/DIST: Distortion component (PRS to HIWATT) by Burgerman666
- (2011-06-28) MAXON RTD800 Real Tube OD/DIST: Overdrive component (PRS to HIWATT) by Burgerman666
- (2011-07-10) MAXON RTD800 Tube Dual Distortion Overdrive guitar effects pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2011-07-12) Maxon RTD800 by johngorbe
- (2011-07-22) HEAR THEIR GEAR - Nick Hexum of 311 - Maxon Pedals - RTD800 Best Tube Overdrive Distortion Pedal by Godlyke
- (2011-08-12) Maxon RTD800 by MusicGearReviewTV
- (2011-09-09) Maxon RTD800 Real Tube Overdrive-Distortion Pedal Demo by Prashant Aswani by Godlyke
- (2012-01-13) Maxon RTD800 Part I (Overdrive) by Mike Hermans
- (2012-01-14) Maxon RTD800 Part II (Distortion) by Mike Hermans
- (2012-01-17) Maxon RTD800 Part I Overdrive Pedal Demo by Godlyke
- (2012-01-17) Maxon RTD800 Part II Distortion Pedal Demo by Godlyke
- (2012-08-27) Maxon RTD800 vs. Blackstar HT-Drive & HT-DistX by The Tone King
- (2016-05-11) Maxon RTD800 Real Tube Overdrive/Distortion - DEMO by vhtargino
- (2016-06-24) Maxon RTD800 Real Tube Overdrive/Distortion - METAL by vhtargino
- (2018-04-20) Maxon RTD800 Tube Bass Distortion (feat. WilHelmus.!) by Godlyke
- (2011-12-14) Maxon RTD800 - Light OD Rhythm Tone (Eliott Tonesmith & Silvertone Twin Twelve) by Premier Guitar
- (2011-12-14) Maxon RTD800 - Heavy OD Lead Tone (G&L Comanche & Silvertone) by Premier Guitar
- (2011-12-14) Maxon RTD800 - Heavy Distortion Rhythm Tone (Les Paul Custom & Peavey 6505) by Premier Guitar
- (2013-12-27) Maxon RTD-800 Real Tube Overdrive - Distortion On Fender P Bass by jazzigo