- controls the speed/rate of the LFO wave that controls the effect
With its single knob and switch, the PT999 Phase Tone is deceptively simple. Yet packed into this tiny blue box are a host of the most authentic 70's era phasing effects available in a current production unit. Simply by adjusting the unit's Rate control a wide variety of expressive phasing nuances can be coaxed from the PT999, all of them whisper quiet and amazingly transparent. The PT999's minimalist circuit frees your guitar tone to be as smooth and responsive as it is when served up a la carte (or a la effect, as the case may be).
So what's the secret behind the PT999's timeless tone? Simple Â the circuit used today is exactly the same as it was when first introduced in 1974. While many "reissue" effects on the market today are far from true to the original designs, Maxon has taken pains to keep the PT999 circuit unchanged for close to 30 years. The PT999's four-stage phasing circuit offers 720 degrees of phasing sweep variable from .2 to 14 Hz (cycles per second). The PT999's FET's (Toshiba #2SK246) are carefully sorted and matched by hand to produce the smoothest phasing sweep possible with low noise. Unlike other phasers, the PT999 runs negative feedback of the signal to each phase-shifting FET for less distortion. Internal trimmers adjust center frequency and width of the phasing sweep (calibrated prior to market, we recommend adjustment of these trimmers be left to a qualified electronic technician).
If you demand classic phase shifting effects without compromising your guitar's signature tone, the PT999 Phase Tone has no equals.
- (2008-07-19) Maxon Phase Tone PT-999 vs MXR 74 Script Phase 90 Reissue by Gearmanndude
- (2010-06-14) Maxon Phase Tone.mp4 by arielpozzo
- (2011-12-14) Maxon Phaser Tone PT999 by Mike Hermans
- (2011-12-15) Maxon PT999 Phase Tone by Godlyke
- (2012-01-26) Thy Will Be Done Maxon OOD-9 & Maxon PT999 Pedal Demo by Godlyke
- (2016-07-29) Maxon Phase Tone PT-999 by The SuperFunAwesomeHappyTime Pedal Show!
- (2016-09-17) Maxon PT999 Phase Tone One-Knob Phaser with Vox Viscount Amp by SoaringTortoise
- Input Impedance
- 470k ohms
- Output Impedance
- 30k ohms
- 0 +/- 3db
- Maximum Input Level
- Equivalent Input Noise
- -80dbm (Input Shorted IHF-A Curve)
- Control Speed
- Power Supply
- S006p - 9V - 1pc
- Greco PT-900 Phase Tone
- Greco PT-950 Pedal Phaser
- Maxon PT-707 Phase Tone II
- Maxon PT-909 Phase Tone
- Maxon PT-9 Phaser
- Maxon PT-01 Phaser
- Ibanez PH10 Bi-Mode Phaser
- Ibanez PH99 Classic Phase
- Maxon PH-350 Rotary Phaser