- determines when the effect will trigger.
- boosts the center frequency for more dramatic filtering (like a Resonance control on a synthesizer).
- Filter (LP/BP/HP)
- Selects the type of filter: Lowpass, Bandpass or Highpass.
- Drive (Up/Down)
- Selects the direction of the filter sweep: upwards or downwards.
- Range (High/Low)
- Selects the frequency range of the filter.
The AF-9 Auto Filter represents the state-of-the art in analog filtering. Like the original Mutron III, the AF-9 uses a CdS Photocoupler (HTV #P873) rather than a VCA at the heart of its circuit. The unique sound of Photocoupler circuitry provides a liquid, shimmering, vowel-like filtering that cannot be produced with other components, giving the AF-9 superior sound quality with lower noise levels than the competition.
The AF-9's Threshold control determines when the effect will trigger, while the Peak control boosts the center frequency for more dramatic filtering (like a Resonance control on a synthesizer). Selectable Range control (Hi/Low) determines the overall tone of the AF-9, while the Drive (Up/Down) control determines the direction of the filter sweep. Three selectable Filter types (Hi Pass, Band Pass, and Low Pass) and a frequency range of 100 Hz Ã 4 KHz allow the AF-9 to function with virtually any instrument or input signal.
From simple wah-wah's to outer-space noises, the AF-9 provides the most desirable swept filter effects in a compact, user-friendly package.
- (2011-11-12) Maxon: AF-9, AD999, D&SII - together with Les Paul to HIWATT Custom by Burgerman666
- (2012-02-27) Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter by popintothechemist
- (2012-03-09) Auto Wah Pedal Demo - Maxon AF-9 by Godlyke
- (2012-05-11) HEAR THEIR GEAR - Stuart Ziff - Effects Pedals For Guitar - Maxon AF-9 by Godlyke
- (2013-03-22) Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter Demo by Godlyke
- (2014-05-05) HEAR THEIR GEAR - Marty Friedman - Maxon AF-9 by Godlyke
- (2014-09-17) DANNY RADER (KEITH URBAN) DEMOS THE MAXON AF-9 AUTO FILTER by Godlyke
- (2014-09-18) Quick demo of the Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter by Danny Rader Music of the Keith Urban band. - YEAH!!! by Godlyke
- (2015-01-08) OZ NOY MAXON AF-9 AUTO FILTER DEMO - GODLYKE, INC. by Godlyke
- (2015-01-08) Killer Demo of the #Maxon #AF-9 #AutoFilter by guitarist #Oznoy - check it!!! by Godlyke
- (2016-10-01) Maxon AF9 Gets FUNKY! by Godlyke
- (2017-07-07) Maxon AF-9 Auto Wah Envelope Filter Guitar Bass Effects Pedal Demo Video by PedalOfTheDay
- Input Impedance
- 500K Ohms
- Output Impedance
- 10K Ohms
- Residual Noise
- -95 dB or less (input shorted IHF-A weighted)
- Filter Frequency
- 100 Hz Â 2 KHz (Low) / 200 Hz Â 4 KHz (High)
- Power Voltage
- DC9 V (Battery) / DC10 V (AC-adaptor)
- Current Consumption
- 17 mA (9 V) / 19 mA (10 V)
- 74 mm (W) x 124 mm (D) x 54 mm (H)