Every player needs a fuzz. Overdrive and distortion pedals won't cut it when you are looking for that fat warm fuzz tone with smooth sustain. The SSB is an improved version of Germanium Fuzz previously offered.
Based on the iconic Fuzz Face circuit that was one of the cornerstones of fuzz tones for it's time and continues it's prominence today. This is a modern improvement of the circuit with higher quality tighter tolerance components to improve it's performance and the addition of a DC power jack that fits the standard "Boss style" 2.1mm barrel jack.
The transistors are vintage N.O.S. (New Old Stock, parts that were made but never used) germanium tested for leakage and selected for the proper gain ranges and desirable characteristics. Lots of fuzz on tap. Unlike some others you don't need to dime the fuzz control to get it rocking.
- Negative ground circuit allows interaction with most standard power supplies. You can daisy chain it with your others or run it off a 9V battery.
- Handmade from start to finish.
- Internal transistor bias adjustment.
- True Bypass.
- Small pedalboard footprint of only 4 3/8" x 2 3/8".
- Fuzz: Sets the amount of fuzz/drive.
- Level: Controls the volume level of the pedal. Unity gain is around 11 o'clock.
- Intensity: Adjusts the amount of input signal. Use this control to tame the fuzz for a more overdrive like tone or to help the pedal interact with your wah.
- 9V Battery or 9V 2.1mm "barrel jack" negative ground adapter. Adapter not included.
- Daisy chainable with all standard negative ground power supplies.
- Alkaline battery is recommended for longer life when using battery power. Disconnect your cord from the input jack when finished to extend battery life.
- Current Consumtion: 3mA