By the mid sixties Pete Townshend was using the first Marshall amps just like other English musicians like Eric Clapton or Peter Green. Marshalls were originally based on the Fender Bassman amps. When pushed to overdrive these amps delivered THE SOUND that would define rock music for decades. By the late sixties and seventies every hard-rocker had a Marshall amp roaring at his back: Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Cream, Free, AC-DC, Deep Purple...
“The Sound” successfully emulates the sound of those over-driven amps thanks to its FET transistors whose distortion properties and harmonic content are very similar to a full tilt Marshall. “The Sound” is also very responsive to the pick attack and will clean up amazingly, for this reason many players will prefer to leave the pedal on the whole time. It's one of the world's best overdrive pedals.
- FET transistors.
- High quality components.
- Gain adjustment
- Tone adjustment
- Volume adjustment.
- 9 volt battery.
- Negative pole DC 9V jack.
- LED indicator.
- True bypass switch.
- 3 colors option to choose: orange, red and black.
- (2011-05-08) Manlay's "The Sound" delivers the overdriven tone of the sixties' Marshall amps. by Manlay Sound
- (2011-06-12) "The Sound" overdrive pedal (Marshall style classic sound): Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Peter Green by Manlay Sound
- (2011-07-04) manlay sound the sound by atsushi964
- (2011-08-28) "The Sound" overdrive pedal (Marshall style classic sound): Cream, Led Zeppelin, Free, AC/DC, Bowie by Manlay Sound
- (2011-08-29) "The Sound" overdrive pedal (Marshall style classic sound) Part 2 by Manlay Sound
- (2011-09-19) "The Sound" overdrive pedal (Marshall style classic sound): Telecaster, Les Paul, SG, Stratocaster by Manlay Sound
- (2011-09-21) 100% addictive. You don't want to bypass. by Manlay Sound
- (2013-12-13) "The Sound" and performance was so close that even scared me by Manlay Sound
- (2014-06-16) A cool Strat, a Manlay Sound "The Sound", a Manlay Sound "Baby Face Germanium" and voilá: Are You Experienced? by Manlay Sound
- (2017-05-07) Manlay Sound's "The Sound" overdrive pedal. Marshall plexi style sound. by Manlay Sound