The Magnetic Effects Double Feature is a dual fuzz and fixed wah in a small enclosure!
The fuzz is powerful and full sounding with plenty of output volume. Sounds great driving an amp! The Double Feature is an original hybrid design utilizing a NOS Germanium transistor and a RC4558P opamp to create the powerful fuzz.
The fixed wah has been tuned to have a very useable range sweep. All spots of the sweep control offer interesting tones! The fuzz has a high input impedance and a low output impedance. The fuzz and wah can be used separately or together.
- Volume and Gain controls for the Fuzz and a Sweep control for the wah.
- True Bypass.
- Runs on 9V battery or standard 9V DC adapter. (Same as Boss, Ibanez pedals etc.)
- Reverse Polarity Protection.
Magnetic Effects (v2 press release July 28, 2015)
Magnetic Effects introduce the Double Feature effects pedal for guitar.
The Double Feature is a dual fuzz and fixed wah pedal with striking looks and stunning sound.
London, England - 28 July 2015 - Magnetic Effects are pleased to release the Double Feature. An dual Fuzz and Fixed wah effects pedal with independently selectable fuzz and filter circuits.
The Fuzz side of the pedal features a raunchy, original design fuzz that is powered by a pair of stable vintage Russian germanium transistors which are driven into fuzz by a specially selected and slew rate limited opamp. The result is a loud, fantastic fuzz with plenty of output volume and sustain. Volume, Tone and Gain controls offer plenty of pleasing tonal flexibility.
The fuzz has a high input impedance and low output impedance which makes it play nice with buffered signal chains, wireless units and switching devices.
The filter side of the pedal is a fixed wah. Many classic lead tones were recorded with a wah left in one position instead of being rocked back and forwards. This is commonly referred to as 'fixed' or 'parked' wah.
Unlike a traditional, large Wah Pedal where you have to move the pedal around to find the exact tone you are looking for when playing, the Double Feature allows you to dial in the 'Sweet Spot' using the Frequency Control. You can then access this tone by simply turning the pedal on and off using the Filter foot-switch
All these features add up to make the Double Feature a great sounding AND easy to use fuzz that integrates well into a modern pedal board.
- Top mounted Jacks and DC socket
- Volume, Tone, Gain and Frequency controls
- Independently selectable Fuzz and Filter circuits
- High input impedance and low output impedance
- True bypass switching
- 9V DC adapter powered
- Reverse polarity protection
- Retail price: $195 US plus shipping.
- (2014-10-28) Magnetic Effects - Double Feature by Kayzer
- (2015-08-25) Magnetic Effects Double Feature Fuzz/Fixed Wah by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2015-09-15) Magnetic Effects Double Feature Fuzz/Fixed-Wah Filter by JustNickMusic
- (2015-09-16) Magnetic Effects Double Feature | germanium fuzz + fixed wah by JJ Likes Guitar
- (2015-09-23) Magnetic Effects Double Feature (demo) by Livingroom Demos
- (2016-02-11) Magnetic Effects: DOUBLE FEATURE Fuzz / Fixed Wah - demo by Burgerman666
- (2016-08-11) Magnetic Effects Double Feature by Magnetic Effects