BJF design high headroom overdrive with adjustable low/mid EQ balance
Premium quality classic blues/rock pedal that works very well with complex overdriven amp sound.
It's a low compression, high headroom overdrive with high output, and it has a Body knob for adjusting low-mid content and treble.
The LGW was made to be a stackable overdrive that could go anywhere in the pedal chain and the compression normally associated with this type of circuit is reduced same as several distortion mechanisms.
This pedal will work very well with amps and other pedals that have a lot of complexity or compression, a situation that not all pedals work well.
LGW makes a great building block to sound yet it works standalone and especially with humbuckers where normally this type of circuit would not work satisfactory, much due to bass loss and sometimes separated sounds (where transients feed through and a cloud of distortion follows beneath.
Body control gives access to medium midhump at center position and allows treble boost at cw rotation and low mid/treble boost a ccw position and so unit also can provide distortion albeit a smooth type. LGW can be used as an overdrive to already distorting amplifiers or pedals downstream, as well as function as a filter when feed with fuzz pedals that may be rough on some amplifiers and can also be used as light overdrive for just breaking up sounds.
As designer Bjorn Juhl put it:
"Whereas Little Green Wonder is a TS-style pedal, but one for those who don't generally like TS-style pedals.
Big difference between these two pedals would be headroom, distortion style and distortion depth and treble response, output level, function of tone knob, color, symbol.... they do share a common layout of mechanical components."
- Z in at 1kHz: app. 500K
- P out 1kHz in 50k: app. 0uW70 RMS
- Max load: app. 10K
- Max output: 3V peak
- Max current consumption: 5mA5 at 10V
- Upper freq. -3dB: app. 10KHz
- Max gain at 1KHz: app. 58 dB
- Max input signal: 3V peak
- Supply Voltage range: 7V5-18V
- Complete bypass (true bypass)
- Power requirements 6F22 9V battery or DC eliminator 2,1 mm plug center negative and positive sleeve.
- (2009-03-31) Mad Professor Little Green Wonder vs Sky Blue Overdrive guitar pedal demo w Tele & Blues Jr by Gearmanndude
- (2009-04-21) Mad Professor Little Green Wonder Overdrive Demo by Bobby Devito by Bobby DeVito
- (2009-06-23) Bobby DeVito Demo Scholz GS 100 BJF SWF MP LGW SHOD Catalinbread DLS 1981 Schecter Strat by Bobby DeVito
- (2009-09-01) Little Green Wonder demo by Mad Professor
- (2009-11-29) WET FX Reverb guitar effects pedal demo with Mad Professor LGW overdrive by Gearmanndude
- (2010-07-07) ??????Mad Professor New Little Green Wonder ???????? by Chuya Online
- (2010-07-08) Mad Professor Little Green Wonder Overdrive Pedal by ProGuitarShopDemos
- (2010-07-27) Bobby DeVito Mad Professor Little Green Wonder PCB LGW comparison 1 by Bobby DeVito
- (2010-08-04) Bobby DeVito demo Mad Professor LGW round 2 both with TL272 opamp chips by Bobby DeVito
- (2010-08-26) Bobby DeVito demo 3 Little Green Wonders Mad Professor BJFe by Bobby DeVito
- (2010-10-04) Max Guitar Store - Mad Professor Little Green Wonder by Max Guitar Store
- (2010-12-10) Mad Professor Little Green Wonder by MusicToyz
- (2011-01-21) Mad Professor Little Green Wonder PCB Demo by Fat Tone Guitars
- (2011-02-11) MAD PROFESSOR LITTLE GREEN WONDER OVERDRIVE FX DEMO by Chatreeo
- (2011-05-12) Mad Professor Little Green Wonder video review demo Guitarist Magazine HD by GuitaristMag
- (2012-03-09) Mad Professor Little Green Wonder by JetCityMusic
- (2012-08-10) Mad Professor Little Green Wonder: How-to Demo by Mad Professor
- (2012-08-21) Mad Professor Little Green Wonder Overdrive by Prymaxe
- (2013-03-05) Mad Professor Little Green Wonder and Bluebird Overdrive Delay stack demo by Marko Karhu by Mad Professor
- (2013-05-30) Mad Professor Stone Grey Distortion with Little Green Wonder for heavy tones by Marko Karhu by Mad Professor
- (2013-11-26) Mad Professor LGW Hi Gain by Sam Vilo
- (2014-04-16) Mad Professor - Little Green Wonder Overdrive Demo by intheblues
- (2014-06-13) Mad Professor Little Green Wonder Demo by spiraless
- (2014-08-25) Mad Professor Little Green Wonder by 3MinutePedalDemos
- (2018-01-21) Mad Professor LITTLE GREEN WONDER HW - Demo by Alberto Barrero by Alberto Barrero
- (2018-03-07) Mad Professor Little Green wonder by Loudguitars514
- (2018-03-17) Mad Professor - Little Green Wonder with Telecaster by roknfnrol
- (2018-03-25) Mad Professor Little Green Wonder overdrive by roknfnrol