Mach Analog Tone
The MACH Morph pedal has two effects in the one pedal. It has a Rams Head inspired design and a Triangle inspired design with the ability to “Morph” between the two pedals Drive Tones, and Tone controls independently. The input impedance of the Morph is the same as a Tube amp, so there is no loading of your guitar tone. Additionally, Active Buffers allow you to have long cable runs with no loss of tone. There are five full size knobs spaced far enough apart for easy tweaking with a tactile rubber finish. All this is in a rugged Die Cast Box with top quality Jacks and Foot-switch.
Drive Knob: This is like any other pedal, it controls the Gain. Turn clockwise for more, turn anti-clockwise for less. This controls both the Rams head and the Triangle Drive circuits at the same time.
Pedal Knob: Fully anti-clockwise, the Drive tone is 100% Rams Head. Fully clockwise the Drive tone is 100% Triangle.
At 12 o-clock the Drive tone is 50% Rams head and 50% Triangle. This control is most noticeable on the bass notes as the Triangle has a fatter lower end. With this control you can easily “Morph” your Drive tone between the two pedals to create a new tone.
Middle Knob: The difference between the Rams Head Tone control and the Triangle Tone control is quite subtle, but there is a noticeable difference in the mids. The Image below shows the responses of both Tone Controls. The Triangle is the top one with a shallower mid scoop. The Rams Head is the bottom one with less bass and a deeper mid scoop at a slightly higher frequency.
The Mid Knob allows you to blend between the two tones. Fully anti-clockwise, the Mid tone is 100% Rams Head. Fully clockwise the Mid tone is 100% Triangle. At 12 o-clock the Mid tone is 50% Rams head and 50% Triangle. With this control you can easily “Morph” your Mid tone between the two pedals to create a new tone.
Tone Knob: A wide range low-pass/high-pass tone control. You know how this works
Volume Knob: Clockwise for more, Anti-clockwise for less. You know how this works
- Hand wired, 100% Analog pedal
- A DUAL EFFECT Series pedal. Two effects in one pedal.
- Fully Buffered design for no loss of tone.
- Drive, Pedal, Middle, Tone and Volume Knobs.
- Input Impedance is 1 Meg Ohm, the same as a Tube Amp for transparent Tone.
- Orange Ultra bright LED
- 122mm W x 51mm D x 94mm H
- Weight = 400g
- Die-cast Aluminium Box Powder Coated in Orange.
- Quality 6.5mm Input and Output Jacks
- DC adapter socket. The size of the connector is M2.1/5.5 with negative (-VE) tip and positive (+VE) barrel. The adapter should be fully regulated 9V adaptor rated at 20mA. We recommend the use of the BOSS PSA series adapters (PSA-100/110/220 or 240 depending on your local AC supply voltage). MACH cannot accept any liability for damage caused by the use of, or to, any other type of AC/DC adapter.
- (2013-06-10) Mach Analog Tone : MORPH (Rams Head & Triangle inspired dual Muff) by Burgerman666
- (2013-09-06) Mach Analog Tone Morph review by BjornRiis