Line 6 (press release January 22, 2015)
Line 6 Redefines Digital Guitar Wireless for the Performing Guitarist with the Introduction of the Relay G70
Relay G70 delivers next-generation wireless performance and hands-free support for multiple guitars, building on the proven Line 6 digital wireless platform
ANAHEIM, Calif.—January 22, 2015—Line 6, Inc. (NAMM room 212A) today introduced the Relay® G70 digital wireless system, delivering nextgeneration wireless performance to meet the needs of performing guitarists. In addition to unparalleled audio quality and rugged metal construction, Relay G70 supports multiple instruments and are designed to be the control center of musicians’ live performance rigs.
“Line 6 digital wireless is used by more guitarists than any other system,” said Marcus Ryle, Chief Strategy Officer, Line 6. “Now Relay G70 takes the Relay legacy even further. In addition to pristine sound quality and road-ready build, Relay G70 takes the hassle out of switching between instruments in the middle of a set— enabling guitarists to focus on giving a great performance.”
Each receiver supports multiple transmitters, and features locking ¼” inputs that allow guitarists to plug right in, no special cables required. Preset scenes enable performers to control signal routing, levels and more, with the single press of a footswitch. For example, guitarists can set different levels for instruments with active, passive and acoustic pickups. Singer-songwriters and worship leaders can route an electric guitar to an amp, and an acoustic to the PA system, while giving both access to the built-in tuner. Multi-instrumentalists can set up unique signal chains to optimize the tone of violins, mandolins and more.
Relay G70 provide industry-leading audio specs and the lowest latency of any digital wireless system (under 1.5ms). A custom-designed radio with four calibrated internal antennas delivers a lossless 24-bit digital signal and a wide dynamic range of up to 120dB. And unlike other digital wireless systems, Relay G70 never compresses the signal, providing guitarists with the purest possible audio quality. Guitarists will enjoy 8+ hours of battery life, with up to 70 hours of standby time thanks to an intelligent sleep mode.
Relay G70 features a rugged stompbox form factor designed for pedalboard use. Relay G70 ($699.99 MSRP) and Relay G70 Transmitter ($279.99 MSRP) will be available in March 2015.
- (2015-01-25) LINE 6 Variax Standard, Firehawk FX & Relay G70 G75 Winter NAMM 2015 '15 by The Tone King
- (2015-02-03) NAMM '15 - Line 6 Variax Standard, Firehawk FX, Relay G70, & Relay G75 Demos by Premier Guitar
- (2015-02-05) Line 6 introduces the G70/G75 selectable wireless system and the AMPLIFi TT tabletop amp. by Sweetwater Sound
- (2015-02-06) Line 6 Wireless System G70 & G75 | NAMM SHOW 2015 by baxshopnl
- (2015-02-09) NAMM 2015: Line 6 Updates The Relay Wireless System With The G70 by sonicstate
- (2015-02-11) Line 6 Relay G70 and G75 Wireless Systems Overview by Sweetwater Sound by Sweetwater Sound
- (2015-03-20) NAMM 2015 - Introducing the Relay G70 and G75 digital wireless systems | Line 6 by Line 6
- (2015-04-23) NAMM Show 2015 Line 6 Relay G70 and G75 Wireless Units by guitar.com
- (2015-07-01) Switching Multiple Instruments With Relay G70 | Line 6 by Line 6
- (2016-06-02) Line 6 Relay G70 Wireless Unit Demo - UniqueSquared.com by Uniquesquared