A multi-effects pedal with 16 high-def amp models, 80+ effects, and plenty of I/O.
POD HD300 represents a giant leap forward for amp modeling. It is the only multi-effect pedal to boast 16 state-of-the-art Line 6 HD amp models, 80+ modern and vintage-styled M-class effects, and a comprehensive digital and analog I/O.
HD amp modeling: sound and feel like never before
HD amp models defy the accepted standard. They feel, behave, and interact with previously unachievable realism.
Creating these new HD amp models was no small feat. Line 6 mixed 15 years of amp modeling experience with 3 years of new research and development to build an entirely new amp modeling technology from the ground up. During that time, they hunted down 16 incredible amplifiers and—with the help of some of LA's top tube amp experts—restored each one back to peak condition. The new modeling technology uses 10 times more amplifier information than before, including single-ended class A tube stages, class AB push/pull interactions, power supply behavior, and more. The result is exceptional warmth, feel, sustain, and articulation for you to fall in love with.
Tube amp fanatics have long enthused that their favorite stacks and combos aren't merely "amps," but instruments themselves, with playability equal to that of the guitar plugged into them. New HD modeling takes the POD HD experience to that same exalted level, capturing the genuine playability that great guitarists demand.
Your amp collection—now in HD!
On the POD HD300 menu is a collection of freshly modeled amps, many of which are brand new to POD, and all of which are essential for performing guitarists who require a wide variety of tones in one streamlined, multi-FX-sized package.
POD HD300 includes 16 HD amp models based on:
•Fender Twin Reverb
•Hiwatt Custom 100 (DR103)
•Fender Blackface Deluxe Reverb
•Divided by 13 JRT 9/15
•Dr. Z Route 66
•Vox AC-30 (Top Boost)
•Marshall JTM-45 MkII
•Marshall JCM-800 (2204)
•Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier
•ENGL Fireball 100
80+ M-class FX
Made famous by Line 6 M13 and M9 Stompbox Modelers, M-class FX are the new stage-standards. POD HD300 features a whopping 80+ M-class effects to craft your sound. With this wide tonal palette to play with, you can sound like anyone under the sun, or no one but you. Use up to 4 FX at once.
•30+ distortions (from classic stompbox distortion to thick metal chunk), EQs (from stomp comps and studio tube compression) and pitch FX
•30+ analog and digital delays (including cool tube and solid state tape echoes), echoes, wahs, and reverbs (from surfy springs, to studio plates, to cutting-edge digital rooms)
•20+ swirly phasers, filters (including several exclusive custom filters) and other mods (including blackface-style opto and brownface bias-modulating tremolos, choruses, and rotary speakers)
In addition to these classic sounds, POD HD300 functions as a fully featured looping, pitch shifting, and harmonizing machine. Ready to start creating? This rig could keep you going for a lifetime.
Unprecedented flexibility—stunning simplicity
Beyond the mere depth of the amp and FX models, POD HD300 offers flexibility to mix and match amps and pedals in multiple pre-set rigs, attainable at the stomp of a switch.
And where other manufacturers seem to require a degree in nuclear physics to access this kind of deep programmability, Line 6 has made it easy. Smart FX make it a snap to quickly dial in your tone, and the free, easy to use editor/librarian software supports your deepest, darkest tonal explorations. POD HD300 was designed by guitarists for guitarists.
Comprehensive connectivity for live and studio use
Put simply, POD HD300 connects to just about anything and everything—analog or digital, balanced or unbalanced, for amplification or recording.
A snapshot of the back panel shows 1/4" and XLR outputs (mono/stereo), USB, MP3/CD input, L6 LINK jack for seamless integration with Line 6 DT50 tube amplifiers, and more.
Built like a tank
POD HD300's cutting-edge technology is kept safe within a "bulletproof" bent sheet metal housing with heavy-duty metal footswitches and expression pedal. No injection-molded plastic boxes here—POD HD300 is ready to lap up years of road and stage abuse and keep you playing.
Version 1.3 Firmware update now available!
Power-boost your POD® HD multi-effect with an additional six HD amp models and five amp parameters – all for free in firmware update v1.3.
To get v1.3 just connect your POD HD via USB to your computer, run Line 6 Monkey™ Intelligent Updater and follow the instructions.
Firmware update v1.3 includes six HD amp models based on* channels from three classic American combos (the “Vibrato” channel of a Fender® Deluxe Reverb®, the “Vibrato” channel of a Fender® Twin Reverb® and the “Bright” channel of a Fender® Bassman®), two British half stacks (the “Normal” channel of a Park 75 and the “Normal” channel of a Marshall® JTM-45 MkII) and a high-gain Line 6 original.
Five additional, fully adjustable amp parameters don each new HD amp model (and will be added to the HD amp models you already have). Further customize essential aspects of tube amp feel and behavior with Sag, Hum, Bias, Bias Excursion and Master Volume.
Meet the new HD amp models:
Blackface ‘Lux VIB
The “Vibrato” channel rounds out the HD model based on* the classic combo that’s considered by many to be the ultimate studio amp: Fender® Deluxe Reverb®.
Blackface Double VIB
Fender® Twin Reverb® is an all-time classic of biting twang and shimmering clean tones. This model is based on* a Fender® Twin Reverb® “Vibrato” channel, which is a separate preamp circuit with clipping characteristics that are different than the “Normal” channel due to an additional 12AX7 tube stage.
Tweed B-Man BRT
Based on* a Fender® Bassman®, the amp that started it all – instant rock and roll tone. This model is based on the amp’s “Bright” channel, which provides a different voicing from the “Normal” channel by utilizing the second half of the first preamp tube. (The “Normal” channel uses the first half only). High frequencies are increased due to the addition of a bright cap across the volume knob.
Brit J-45 NRM
This model is based on* a Marshall® JTM-45 MkII, which marked the beginning of the distinctively bright and crunchy sound that Marshall amps are known for. The “Normal” channel is adept at big, bold clean tones.
Brit P-75 NRM
Based on* the “Normal” channel of a Park 75, a Jim Marshall-designed amp that enjoys cult status for its powerful Plexi-style tones. The “Normal” channel delivers a slightly darker tone than the “Bright” channel, a model of which already appears in POD HD.
Line 6 Elektrik
A face-melting, soul-weeping Line 6 original with high-gain capacity, interactive presence and mid-range controls. Careful, this might hurt a little…
*All product names are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6. These trademarks of other manufacturers are used solely to identify the products of those manufacturers whose tones and sounds were studied during Line 6’s sound model development. Fender, Bassman, Deluxe Reverb and Twin Reverb are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation. Hiwatt is a registered trademark of Fernandes Company Ltd. Supro is a registered trademark of Zinky Electronics, LLC. Gibson is a registered trademark of Gibson Guitar Corp. Dr. Z is a registered trademark of Dr. Z Amps, Inc. Vox is a registered trademark of Vox R&D Limited. Marshall is a registered trademark of Marshall Amplification Plc. Bogner is a registered trademark of Bogner Amplification. Mesa/Boogie and Rectifier are registered trademarks of Mesa/Boogie Ltd. Engl is a registered trademark of Ausflug, Beate and Engl, Edmund.
- HD amp models are the new standard in amp modeling. They feel, behave, and interact with previously unachievable realism for an entirely new playing experience
- 16 HD amp models based on the most sought-after guitar tones: California cleans, classic crunch, vibey boutique warmth, modern high-gain, and more; 128 user presets; 256 factory presets
- 80+ effects including delays, modulations, distortions, compressors, EQs, filters, and reverbs; 4 simultaneous FX; Tap tempo
- 24-second looper with dedicated footswitches for Play Once, Pre/Post, Rec/Overdub, and Play/Stop
- Built-in tuner with signal mute
- 1/4" and XLR outputs (mono/stereo); MIDI via USB; L6 LINK jack for seamless integration with Line 6 DT50 tube amplifiers; MP3/CD input; and more
- Free editor/librarian software
- (2010-10-17) POD HD Features | Line 6 by Line 6
- (2010-10-25) ?Creator's Choice???????LINE6 POD HD300 by Ishibashi
- (2010-11-07) Line 6 HD300 HD400 & HD500 Video by Nevada Music UK
- (2011-01-15) Line 6 POD HD300, HD400 and HD500 @ NAMM 2011 (english) by MusicStoreTV
- (2011-01-18) Line 6 POD HD 300, HD 400, HD 500 im Test auf MusikMachen.de by musikmachenDE
- (2011-01-24) Line6 Pod HD300/HD500 (Parte 3) - di Emiliano Girolami by accordoTV
- (2011-01-24) Line6 Pod HD300/HD500 (Parte 2) - di Emiliano Girolami by accordoTV
- (2011-01-25) Line6 Pod HD300/HD500 (Parte 1) - di Emiliano Girolami by accordoTV
- (2011-04-05) Line 6 POD HD300 Review and Give Away by guitarmusecom
- (2011-05-04) Line 6 POD HD 300 Demo by Alright Reviews
- (2011-05-26) POD HD300 Spotlight | Line 6 by Line 6
- (2011-06-08) Line 6 HD300 Demo by Dolphinstreet
- (2011-07-05) POD HD300 In-Depth | Line 6 by Line 6
- (2011-08-11) Line 6 POD HD300 Effects demo by Guitar Noize
- (2011-12-11) Line 6 POD HD300 - Yngwie Malmsteen preset by MartinMoyan0
- (2011-12-12) Line 6 POD HD300 - Sample tones & presets! by MartinMoyan0
- (2011-12-13) Line 6 POD HD300 - Sample Tones II (w/presets) by MartinMoyan0
- (2012-07-03) POD HD300 into EHX Magnum 44 - Live Volumes by DrKarnivore
- (2015-10-31) Line 6 POD HD 300, HD 400, HD 500 im Test by musikmachenDE