Lightning Boy Audio
Superior in every way to the highly acclaimed LBA Opti-Mu Prime compressor pedal. 5% more output gain, 60% less noise, wider range of compression, more obvious sounding compression slopes (knee), Lower THD (cleaner tone), widely extended frequency response. Worthy of a new name. Lightning Boy Audio is excited to introduce, Op-2 Comp. Designed for the studio, tough enough for the road.
- Vacuum tube powered optical compressor. Uses the exact same photo resistor as the famous studio compressor, the LA-2A, for that the same, much loved, auto-release characteristic.
- Super transparent compression capable of being gentle and mild or highly controlled squish.
- Clean tone with a touch of vacuum tube warmth.
- Ultra low noise, even with the volume and compression at full.
- Ships with a select pair of new-old-stock 12AU7 vacuum tubes installed
- True Bypass
- Switch between soft & hard knee compression slopes. Soft is a smooth sounding attack, vs. hard, which is a snappy sounding attack.
- Hand-wired point to point. no printed circuit boards. Made with NOS paper in oil capacitors for superior tone.
- Designed by Mike Congilosi II. Assembled & hand-wired by Jon Clarke. Made in the USA!
- 5 year warranty
- Op-2 Comp ships direct from LBA within 1 business day of payment.
- 9VDC operation only. 1270mA minimum requirement. Tip negative. 1 Spot power supply recommended.
- 1M Ohm input impedance. 100K Ohm output impedance.
- 12AU7/ECC82 vacuum tubes only.
PRICE: $399.99 USD
- (2016-06-12) Lightning Boy Audio OP-2 Tube Compressor Pedal by intheblues
- (2016-07-16) Lightning Boy Op-2 Comp Crash Test. Tough guitar FX pedal takes a beating! by Lightning Boy Audio
- (2016-07-21) We punished an Op-2 Comp to prove how badass our build quality is. Hand wired point to point and loaded with a pair of glass NOS vacuum tubes. Watch us give it hell! www.lightningboyaudio.com by Lightning Boy Audio
- (2016-08-29) Lightning Boy Audio OP-2 Optical Tube Compressor pedal demo by Gearmanndude
- (2016-10-15) Lightning Boy OP2 Tube Compressor, demo by Pete Thorn by Peter Thorn