Lazy J Projects
Handmade with quality components, this pedal features the ultimate way to overdrive a tube amp. It’s a Booster/Overdrive pedal in one, or, depending on the settings, something in between.
I designed this pedal for myself in the mid 90s. I wanted an overdrive pedal that would retain all the dynamics (like a booster would) but not get too loud, not be all compressed and squashy and that I could control with my guitar’s volume control.
Of all the pedals I’ve used over the years, this is the one I couldn’t do without.
Used as a Booster it takes the signal from your guitar and amplifies it without changing its tone and dynamics. The signal at the pedal output is exactly like the signal at the input, but bigger. This bigger signal has the ability to drive your amp much harder, resulting in really rich tube distortion with all the tone and dynamics retained. This means that it won’t sound squashed and compressed like many other overdrive pedals. What’s more, it can be fully controlled by your guitar’s volume control - back it off, and it’ll clean right up!!
You can now take this clean boosted signal and gradually distort it with the Saturation control, thereby adding compression and harmonic content at will. The resulting tone is thick and rich, with all the natural tone of your guitar retained.
Adding Saturation will allow a more driven sound at lower levels. Used as a Booster, the Cruiser is louder, with more attack and definition.
As both functions are built into this pedal, they can be combined for a wide variety of sounds.
This Pedal uses a True Bypass, so when it’s switched off the circuit is completely disconnected from the straight-through signal. Your guitar then goes straight to your amp, without the signal-loss or coloration associated with many other pedals.
- (2012-02-14) TheGigRig QuarterMaster with EP Booster, LazyJ Cruiser, Strymon El Capistan by The Gig Rig
- (2012-04-24) TheGigRig Loopy2 with MIDI8 LazyJ J20 Analog Man KoT Moon Driver by The Gig Rig
- (2012-04-25) TheGigRig HOT PEDALS review - MoonDriver with LazyJ J20 Duesenberg by The Gig Rig
- (2012-11-21) LazyJ Cruiser Overdrive Booster. Featuring LazyJ J20 with Fender Telecaster by The Gig Rig
- (2012-11-27) Lazy J Cruiser Overdrive Pedal Demonstration HD by jackgriffithsmusic